Moving Anemone

CincyReefer

Happy as a Clam
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyo,

Well a little background, I've had my Sabae Anemone and Tomato Clownfish for almost 2 years now. They have both been living in the exact same corner of my tank for the two years. It has only been recently, the past 3 days, that I have noticed my Sabae has moved under and into a cave in the rock work that I have situated next to it. The only recent changes I have done to the tank are that I have added an K.nano powerhead just to get the debris out from behind the rock work. My water chemistry has not changed/gone sour and I cant figure out why it would move. I don't want it to keep moving because its heading to a place where I'll have to move about 40+/- pounds of rock to get it out.

Any reasons on why it would be relocating? I have some corals close by that will soon be in jeopardy.. Anything I can do to make it stop? haha..

Thanks,
JB
:neutral:

cherokee_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changes in flow (Even minor) can cause them to move. And it is the fortunate hobbyist that has an anemone that stays in one place :D
You could try to move additional flow to the opposite corner and see if it move into another direction.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would put a scraper under neath where its going to kinda block it and remove the new powerhead.

obv 2 years no change and you change something and it moves, it becomes clear. ze koralia mus go!

brandyrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about sebae anemonies, but my RBTA was content for a couple years and started to move around when it decided to split.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back