Moving my aquarium to different room

Michael v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to move my 65 mixed reef aquarium to the living room. It has been set up for about three and half years. I plan on taking live rock out putting in plastic tub. Of course my fish and corals. Should I replace the sand bed? I plan on returning most of the original water and making it a quick move. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I replace the sand bed? No - sand doesn't expire or go bad - if it is super dirty just as you get down to the bottom, toss that super dirty water that will have mixed up as you were taking everything else out.

Totes are your friend. Keep everything wet or at least damp. Make extra water and saltwater so you have it on hand, but sure you can just move over most of that original water... but what if it spills on the carpet or... see... now that you've thought about it - instead everything will go smoothly.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You can show off the new location and talk about your transfer from current spot.

This might help you find more people local to you:

We love photos!! Good luck!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back