Moving tanks

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished setting up the new tank. Do I need to acclimate everyone to the new tank? It’s same water and Everything. Only thiny different is temp. Some of the buckets with corals are at 76.9 and the tank is at 79. It okay to put them in the tank?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
acclimate them to the tank temp. less chance of stress. if all other water parameters are the same and there is a good amount of bacterial load(cycled rock) you should be fine

MelancholyBlenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same rock and water i would throw them in, 2 degrees isnt much of a change. If you have a heater throw it in there for a half hour but if not i would move them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just finished setting up the new tank. Do I need to acclimate everyone to the new tank? It’s same water and Everything. Only thiny different is temp. Some of the buckets with corals are at 76.9 and the tank is at 79. It okay to put them in the tank?
I just did this same process and ok to place corals in warmer, not colder tank- assure salinity matches the new tank and for fish, I acclimated them to tank as if I just purchased them But was easy as I added water from new tank to tubs equalizing the temp and salinity and used large cup instead of net to move each over
1672804605991.png

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Everyone looks good. I only acclimated the sps and acros. Everyone looks good so far. There over 35 pounds of rock in my tank. Thank you

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Everyone looks good. I only acclimated the sps and acros. Everyone looks good so far. There over 35 pounds of rock in my tank. Thank you
Glad everything is going well, I know the stress this creates.
I kinda giggled at the 35lbs of rock. I have some 40-50lb single rocks in my tank. Total about 250lbs. I dread the day I need to reconfigure with corals and fish and all.

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everything is going well, I know the stress this creates.
I kinda giggled at the 35lbs of rock. I have some 40-50lb single rocks in my tank. Total about 250lbs. I dread the day I need to reconfigure with corals and fish and all.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back