• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MP40’s, Varios 6 and Varios 4 - brand new

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(2) Ecotech MP40’s - Both were purchased from BRS on December 21st 2022, can provide receipt for warranty. Asking 300 OBO each PLUS SHIPPING

(1) Varios 6 - I believe it is brand new, never used. If it was used it was a very short time. Asking 300 OBO PLUS SHIPPING

(1) Varios 4 - Brand new in box, never used. Asking 250 OBO PLUS SHIPPING

Only take PayPal, goods and services (or cash if you’re local), will ship however you would like since shipping is on you.

PM me any questions or for more pics of any item (FB restricts me to 10 pics here but have a bunch more of each item I can send immediately).

Thanks

IMG_3925.jpeg IMG_3924.jpeg IMG_3923.jpeg IMG_3922.jpeg IMG_3919.jpeg IMG_3920.jpeg IMG_3918.jpeg IMG_3915.jpeg IMG_3916.jpeg IMG_3913.jpeg IMG_3914.jpeg

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran them for about 3 weeks only - I bought them for a tank swap that never happened, unfortunately.

I’m unsure why the man dates are different as I bought them both at the same time from BRS.

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(2) Ecotech MP40’s - Both were purchased from BRS on December 21st 2022, can provide receipt for warranty. Asking 300 OBO each PLUS SHIPPING

(1) Varios 6 - I believe it is brand new, never used. If it was used it was a very short time. Asking 300 OBO PLUS SHIPPING

(1) Varios 4 - Brand new in box, never used. Asking 250 OBO PLUS SHIPPING

Only take PayPal, goods and services (or cash if you’re local), will ship however you would like since shipping is on you.

PM me any questions or for more pics of any item (FB restricts me to 10 pics here but have a bunch more of each item I can send immediately).

Thanks

IMG_3925.jpeg IMG_3924.jpeg IMG_3923.jpeg IMG_3922.jpeg IMG_3919.jpeg IMG_3920.jpeg IMG_3918.jpeg IMG_3915.jpeg IMG_3916.jpeg IMG_3913.jpeg IMG_3914.jpeg
Are the MP still available? Where are you located?

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have one MP40 left - guy said he wanted one of them but haven’t heard from him.

I am in Arizona, West valley, Surprise area.

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am local around Biltmore area. I could pick it up from you sometime this weekend or Monday if that works? Did you for sure sell one? Any problems with it?

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has been sold. We made a mistake on shipping the last item, Varios 6 which was sold to @Orion9 for 275 shipped. Didn’t think it was a big issue, the correct item was shipped out to him this morning.

He requested a return label, I declined because the pump is exactly as advertised minus my fault on the shipping issue (Varios4 controller was shipped instead of the Varios6, no big deal, I shipped the right one, told him to keep, sell or trash the 4 controller, no need to send it back).

Of course this gentleman immediately put a hold on PayPal funds even while I am clearly communicating and resolving the issue for him. I believe he has buyers remorse because it is on sale today at Amazon, but that’s just a personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps out any I will buy the varios 4 controller of it becomes availiable or if he wants to sell it. Let me know

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done selling, just going to throw away or keep until I die... this was a perfect pump, brand new and in perfect, new condition (pictures prove this). Minus my shipping error there is nothing to be upset about here, yet I believe he still has an active PayPal claim (not showing a claim on my account, received no emails regarding it, and PayPal advises all is fine when I call their customer service number) but the funds were reversed and payment is on hold... People are just difficult sometimes I guess.

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies. Sounds like a big headache. If you can let the buyer know I’ll buy the varios 4 controller. Offset some of the costs from a simple mistake

Orion9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"(1) Varios 6 - I believe it is brand new, never used. If it was used it was a very short time. Asking 300 OBO PLUS SHIPPING"

I paid for the item on 1/6/24, it arrived 1/18/24.
Pump appears to be recently cleaned but very used, calcium buildup on the impeller.
Serial number is much lower than the two I own and purchased two years ago.
I sent the serial number to Reef Octopus to see if they could provide a manufacture date and waiting for their response.
The wrong controller was sent, the float switch is missing the connector, the brackets for the float switch and controller were missing.
I don't believe the description to be accurate and asked for a return label rather than shipping more parts.
I had hoped to avoid issues and turned it over to paypal after my request to return the item was rejected.
I wont list all the issues but if the item had matched the description, and were delivered in a timely manner, we would not be in this situation.

IMG_8544.jpg

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all due respect, I advised we would need a bit to ship it. You paid on Sunday night, I shipped on Wed morning. I paid for USPS priority mail because of it (most people would ship it in the slow boat when someone comes in with a low offer. I accepted offer and paid for the faster shipping because I knew I needed a little time to ship it right after the holidays.

You paid on the 7th actually, which was a Sunday. The post office had a delay, we communicated about it the entire time? Literally 0% my fault and 0% I could do about this.

1705976384781.png

I acknowledged the miss shipped items and reshipped the correct controller, controller bracket and float switch this AM, sent you the tracking number BEFORE you started a claim.

I’ve communicated with you the entire time. I’ve admitted my mistake and corrected them. You still just went right to PayPal?

Send the items back on Wed when the second package shows up, I’ll gladly give you a refund but I am not eating shipping both ways for something I feel like is correctable and as advertised.

And you don't "well clean" a varios pump, or any white pump for that matter. It is either perfectly clean or it isn't - pics say everything about the condition of the pump. I mentioned that it might have been used, I wasn't sure, and if it was it wasn't for long.

Again, I feel you have buyers remorse, which is fine, I understand, but I am not going to come out of pocket with additional money if I don't have to. There is 0 reason that a halfway understanding person wouldn't be ecstatic about communication, a second shipment with the correct items just hours after you notified me there was an error (Was delivered to you on Thursday and you didn't reach out until Sunday, Monday morning at 9:20 AM the correct parts were en route to you)

I am unsure as a seller what more I could do here...

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will reply as soon as it shows up in my account… still not showing anything and when I called they said nothing.

OP
OP
D

dburt520

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so it’s here: we went through the entire PayPal resolution process (it’s not 100% complete yet, but close, waiting for items to be returned to me) and PayPal asked him to return the items to me and would refund his money (the only logical resolution, one that I offered twice weeks ago).

Not exactly sure what Orion9 was trying to do here but be cautious selling to him. Pics of the pump, screenshots of our conversation, promptness of my replies, offering resolution to the issue and my feedback on literally every selling site, Facebook and reef forum speaks volume of what actually happened here.

Thanks
Dave

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back