MP40 shutting off

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a used 2017 mp40 off here not too long ago and just got around to trying it out a few months later. Every time I try and run it, it runs for about 2 minutes then just shuts off (loses power-all lights go out). Was able to see that it’s pulling 42w before it shuts off, any ideas? Only 3 years old and looks to be in good condition.

OP
OP
ddaddy2420

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little more information - so I have 2 mp40s. One is 2020 brand new and the other is this 2017 one with the issue. Decided to start swapping something’s around to try and eliminate stuff. Swapped power supply and wet side and still the 2017 would run for 2-3 minutes then just shut down out of the blue. So I am fairly certain I’ve narrowed it down the the controller or the dry side. Opened the 2017 controller and don’t see anything out of the ordinary visually when compared to the 2020 controller.

Still seems like it’s narrowed down to the dry side or the controller. For the dry side I’m not sure what can be done to test or repair anything, so I’ll probably just purchase a new dry side unless anyone has anything they recommend that I haven’t tried.

Either that or purchase a whole new mp40.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back