MXM may cause issues with your date & time settings on the Mobius app and possibly crash your tank

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ill chime in as well. AI Prime 16HD and Nero 3. Same issue. Seems to be the nero doing it. I can reset the time to current, and 20-30 seconds later it goes back to 1970. Remove the nero and back in business. Emailing support now and adding the nero to its own tank. So dumb. I have another tank with 2 AI prime and a nero 3 and it is NOT doing this.

All devices same Firmware, product OS or Bootloader. Not sure why one tank does this and not the other.

Prime 16HD - 1.5.17
Product OS - 2.2.18; Bootloader - 1.5.0

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the same problem. Two separate tanks with their own power bar and separated on Apex 3 Pro. 3 xr15-s on the 150 EXT and 1 xr15 on the 20 gallon Cube. The cube is the problem. Not complaining
Just trying to find a fix. Thx

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned a long time ago that while ‘one controller to rule them all’ might seem appealing …. It actually isn’t. If the failure of a single piece of equipment can crash your tank then you haven’t thought it through particularly well. When my A2 pro failed recently it was a massive pain in the ***, but it was never tank fatal.

I do sympathize with mobius problems. I played around with it early on and concluded I was never going near it again. ReefLink controls my radions, WXM controls my vortechs and I have heating redundancy outside apex.

I do agree, by the way, that a handful of issues threads really offer no useful conclusions about reliability. My A2 worked fine for 7 years until it failed. Don’t recall posting a single thread saying ‘all’s good’, or something to that affect.

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna add that I have the mxm with apex Jr and set it to run Saxby program and thought all was good adjusted my points and hit save. Well today I left to do a few things and came back to all my lights running full blast. I went into fission and saw that all my settings were changed, even my Nero pumps that were off. If it happens again I'm going back to the ai app because had I not burned vacation it could've went on for days and killed off every coral.
How did you program Saxby in Fusion?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may just be a case of correlation ≠ causation, but I had all my Mobius devices in one tank group in the Mobius app, and all except one device is managed by the MXM. That device is a Versa dosing pump, since it's not yet supported by the MXM.

Ever since I've linked that group to MXM, the tank group's time & date will constantly change to a random date and time. Even after changing it back to the correct time, it will eventually change again within a few hours to a few minutes. I am not sure exactly what is causing it, but I'm convinced it's the MXM module, because I decided to move the Versa to its own tank group, and haven't had the problem of the time changing anymore. I can still look at the main group and see that the time continues to change to something completely off, though.

It's worth noting that the devices are not all on one physical tank. I have two tanks, each positioned at the far ends of my house, so it could possibly be a case of a device momentarily losing connection to MXM, going to its fallback setting, and somehow resetting the time & date on that tank group?

This is also not a case of the clock drifting forward, like some issues with Mobius in the past. It will choose a completely random date & time, like 3am March 26th 2050. This can be potentially disastrous if someone were to be dosing using a Versa, and the time keeps changing and causing the Versa to overdose the tank and potentially crash it, even with a daily dosing limit set on the pump, since the time & date gets reset, the daily dosage tracking also gets reset.

The current workaround to this problem that I've found is to move all your devices that are not managed by the MXM to a different tank group in Mobius. MXM managed devices do not seem to be affected by the time & date issue, probably because they're being controlled by the Apex and running off the Apex's time schedule. Just thought I'd bring this to attention, because I can't find anything about this issue, or any past issues like this from the Mobius app.

Do you have to use mobious with the mxm? Or can you connect the devices through the mxm without using mobius?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 78 52.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back