My 120 setup for sale

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

I am putting my 120 gallon setup for sale. I used the setup for 4-1/2 years. It's still in a very good condition.

The tank is All Glass Aquarium reef ready 120 gallon tank with a pine stand. It has a Mag Drive 12 pump. I am asking for $400 or best offer for the tank, canopy and pump.

The light fixture is 48" Aqua Medic Oceanlight 2 x 250W metal halide fixture on a sleek suspension system. I am asking for $350 or best offer. This light fixture has been great for growing SPS's. All my corals were very nicely colored-up with double ended 14K metal halide lamps.

Here's the picture of the set up (when new):

120G.jpg

After it was filled:

Fragtray2009.jpg

BHAMR6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomoko,
My buddy Wicked Reefer has been talking about a 120, I will let him know about this one maybe he can take it off your hands

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the length of the light fixture? Sorry you got lost on Saturday. Maybe September or so we can try agin. We would love to have you come down and chk. out what we have been working so hard on lately.
Jason

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The length of the fixture is 48 inches.

Yes, I would love to come down again. If you are willing to host us again in September, that'll be great. We might try a cleanup crew group buy or something then. People can always use some extra cleanup crew. LFS's around here don't seem to be able to get any cerith snails lately. Fighting conchs are kind of rate to see, too.

Have you tried to recharge DI resin by any chance? A step-by-step procedure is in Reefkeeping online magazine. I have been meaning to try it, but I have too much to do in already too little free time of mine.

Looks like I highjacked my own thread, haha.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That takes some good talent to highjack your own thread. No, I have'nt tried yet. We are always willing to host.We had a couple of central join with us last time. We would like to have a joint meeting.Just let us know what everyone wants for clean up crews. We are installing a whole new set up this week.
Jason

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

The tank, stand, and pump were sold today :).

I still have my metal halide light fixture. Anyone interested in the light fixture?

Tomoko

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am interested in the light! Will you ship and whats the least you will take shipped to 30742?

Thanks!

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw Rev, just come on down. While you're here I'll feed you some BBQ ribs! Then you can critique our tanks.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice offer, H@rry!! Rev should take up on it.

I am willing to ship, but I can also bring it (or send it with someone if I cannot make it) to the Chattanooga swap if you are going to be there. That will be in just a few weeks insn't it?

Tomoko

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a fresh water hobbyist who got the tank and stand. He bought them for his Flowerhorn cichlids.

I worked very hard to clean up the tank. I was dreading the work. It was really hard work to take out two and a half bag of Southdown sand.

One good thing about the cleanup was that I found both my Randal's pistol shrimp alive and well in the sand bed. They were doing fine in just two inches of water above the sandbed with no water circulation. My highfin goby was really missing them in the big tank. I hope they found each other.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey thanks for the offer Harry! Your a good man, but alas I am a busy man! LOL!

Tomko could you PM me the best price you could do for the light with shipping to 30742? I know shipping will be a booger!

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is going to be expensive because of the heavy dual ballast. I really think you are better off waiting till the swap. I always cringe at the sight of the boxes coming to me via UPS lately.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I understand. :)

I will have to pass though because I need a light like yesterday! LOL!

Thanks any way and you should sell it easy!

Back