My 235 By Crystal Reef Aquatics

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing Rob. I have the crystal reef lights as well and really wonder if I have them dialed in right. I definitely think I have enough coverage as I have 2 units with 2 pucks each over a 93 gallon cube. They're about 16" above the tank. Things are going in my tank but really question if my lights are right.

Any inputs, comparisons, you lighting schedule would be really helpful.

OP
OP
Rob Shields

Rob Shields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ed,
I run mt purple and blue channels ramped up to 100% and 100% for 9 hour a day with about 7 at full power. I only use my pucks at 20% based on the same schedule I also added 4 54w t-5's to help with shadows. my max par at the top of my arch is 622

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I may be running mine a bit high! I've never measured par in my tank, nor do I have the means. LOL I'll try turning the buggers down and see how that works. I don't have too much shadowing given my tank is 30x30 and I have the 2 boxes with two pucks each. I would consider adding some t5's just to help though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back