OP
Brian Drab

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more updates.

I finally saw the fish (that I previously thought was a flounder) swimming around the tank that came with my rock shipment. I posted it for assistance on identification and.....it's actually a slippery dick wrasse.

1594669285049.png

I was cautioned by others that I should get rid of this fish because it's not reef safe. It appears it has eaten most of my invertebrates. Most of my snails, my rock anemone and all of my sea cucumbers are gone. Just empty shells everywhere. Seems to have devoured everything. So not exactly sure why this would be recommended and shipped along with my rock shipment but just wanted to caution others. I need to get this out of the tank.

Also one of the employees at the LFS is 3D Printing my mesh lid for my tank. One of the pieces is done as shown below and he's printing the other two.

1594669105022.png

Lastly, yesterday, I finally got my first two fish for my tank. A pair of Frostbite Absolute Zero Clownfish (blend of Snowflake and Gladiator Clownfish).

1594669070169.png

ReefSentinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish look great,
Regarding the net cover you have in the middle picture, do you have the name of the mesh used in the picture, trying to find something like that here in Australia but cannot seem to locate it, not sure if I am using the right name.

OP
OP
Brian Drab

Brian Drab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the AquaMaxx Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor - XL was temporarily hooked up today. LFS is coming back next Monday to hook it up permanently but wanted to start running something as the tank was looking yellow with the lights off, etc.

Currently running 1 Liter of Purit from Brightwell Aquatics.

1601313830453.png

1601313875915.png

LFS also did a little more Aquascaping to eliminate some dead spots, etc. I got to see my first pistol shrimp. Always hear them but never got to see one. It was only for a few seconds when it climbed out of its hole but very cool.

I had put a Goby in the tank but it was eaten immediately by the slippery dick wrasse. So I eventually caught and donated the fish to the LFS. It eventually died at the LFS likely because it didn't have the correct environment to thrive there.

I also purchased a Yellow Tang and put this in the tank. It was dead within 3 days from Ich.

So I quickly put together a quarantine tank and bought a fish trap. Took me about 3 weeks to actually catch both fish with the trap. A lot of patience...

Then I treated the fish (the two clowns) with copper in the quarantine tank and am waiting 76 days for the Ich to die in the display tank. That will be October 31st before I can put the fish back in.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back