My 29 gallon setup for sale

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

It's high time that I let go of my old setup. I am going to start with my 29 gallon set up here.

Here's what I have:

Drilled 29 gallon tank with a modified Stockton standpipe with an oak stand, matching oak canopy.

20g long sump.

ViaAqua 2600 return pump

Excalibur in-sump skimmer (a very good skimmer by Knopp) rated for 90 gallon

All of the equipment was used only for one year. The whole setup cost me over $400, but I am willing to sell the entire thing for $200 or best offer.

The tank and the sump has a bag of Southdown in it. It's dry and need some rinsing, but the sand is in a very good condition.

The setup was used for only one year before I upgraded to 120.

All you need is a light fixture. Something like a Viper HQI light would be great for it.

If you like a DIY light fixture set up, I have a reflector, socket, and a ballast for a 55-65W PC lamp, and a DIY 70W metal halide lamp fixture with a just a few weeks old 70W Ushio 10K bulb. It's not enough for keeping SPS's but enough for most softies and LPS's. I would like to sell them for $100.

Here is what the setup looks like:

Picture115.jpg

Modified stockton external overflow:

29Gbulkhead-overflowbox.jpg

The tank and the sump without the oak stand and canopy. The tank and the sump are actually placed on a metal stand and the oak stand is placed over the metal stand as a wrap-around.

29gallonreef-day1.jpg

A picture of the 20 gallon long sump:

20GLsump.jpg

A picture of the display tank with live rocks (the rocks are now in my 180:

Picture092.jpg

Support structure for rocks under the Southdown sand:

Picture080.jpg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back