OP
OP
zach_discus

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, not the fastest build, but should have it in and wet before the end of the month. Have a flyball event this weekend, so not much will be done. Had a engineer over tonight to discuss floor bracing and such. Wife feels a bit better after he stopped in

OP
OP
zach_discus

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a new skimmer, a little more adequate for the tank size.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
zach_discus

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well very little done this weekend. Heading to Canada for a flyball event. Did get a little trim work done. Nothing special but very functional. Have to go borrow father in laws router table to finish up the top rail. Then on to door building should go pretty quick. Last the fun job of sanding and staining. Going to stain a dark espresso once that's done.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
zach_discus

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sorry for the long delay with updates.

240 is now taken down and dispersed between two tanks a 100 and a75. Two large 40lb pieces of live rock added to a 55 aging drum with another 100lbs of base rock. Last is 35 gallon trash can for the live sand. Now waiting on Lowes to get our flooring in from back order. This has pushed the build back by at least a month at this point

Here are a couple pics of the temp tanks though!
The 100 will turn into a frag tank after everything is moved over. Uses a ETSS 800 skimmer, 3 ReefRadience Prostar LED, Gyre wave generator, coast to coast style overflow and a Iwaki 55 for the return pump for right now.
The 75 is very basic, Remora Pro skimmer with DC pump and two older dimmable Tao Tronics LED, and Jebao RW15 wave maker. Hate to say it but the 2to1 Royal Blue/Cool White mix looks so nice.

Other news now have a choice between 4 skimmers at this point, custom Beckett, ETSS 1400 and 1800, or Reeflo Orca 250 Pro. Also going T5 for lighting. Two 8 bulb 60" fixtures will be used. After looking at several tanks and countless builds, just really prefer the look of the T5 set ups.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
zach_discus

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to give a up date, I have sold the 450 and opted to have a custom tank built. Trying to make a used tank with set dimensions work has just not worked. I do have a 280 I will be using while I save my pennies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who's going to build it?

Viper99ACR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can turn that thing into a Jacuzzi if you get tired of it later. Nice build.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back