My Aquarium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tony@D-D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i just thought id post some images up of my home aquarium.
My reef aquarium is a Deltec laminate ( 72 x 33.5" w x 27" T) Total volume including sump and water change VAT 1400 liters or 370 US gallons

The tank is lit by 3 x Aqua Illumination Hydra 52 HD and 4 x Aqua Illumination Hydra 26 HD around 13" from the water surface.

The aquarium has been running around 2 years now in its current set up.

Calcium and Alk is taken care of via my Calcium reactor, i run Rowaphos to keep my PO4 under control in a Deltec FR509 fluidised reactor, Various flow pumps inside the aquarium, An Abyzz A200 return pump , 600 watt Titanium heater , a D-D DC2200 chiller for when we actually get any summer and an In sump Skimmer. I also use 40L of Siporax Pond media in the sump and the Aquascape was put together using Marco Rock (around 100kg)

The set up is relatively simple.

I dose Iodine 1 x a week
Polyplab Coral colours 1 x 8 drops every 2 days
Polyplab Polyp booster 1 x squirt a weekly
Polyplab Reed roids 1 x teaspoon weekly ( alternate with booster i.e Mon booster - Thurs Roids)
I also dose Strontium based on my monthly ICP report
20% bi-weekly water changes with D-D H2Ocean Pro reef salt, this keeps my magnesium rock solid and i have never had to dose.

I feed with a variety of dry foods and dont generally feed frozen as my Tuka Anthias have now all been weaned onto small dry pellet.

Salinity 35PPT (1.0264 SG at 25c)
Calcium: 400-420ppm
Alkalinity: 8-9 dkh (I usually keep this stable at 8, however)
Magnesium: 1420 ppm
Strontium: 8ppm
Iodine: 0.06ppm
Nitrate: 0-2ppm
PO4-3: 0.02-0.04ppm
Temperature: 25.6 - 26 ( usually 25.6 but in the summer the tank will swing up to 26c)
pH: 8-8.25

Aquarium1.jpg~original

Aquarium%202.jpg~original

aquarium%20front.jpg~original

hoke%20sps.jpg~original

red%20dragon.jpg~original

ice%20fire.jpg~original

shortcake.jpg~original

sps4.jpg~original

sps6.jpg~original

acro2.jpg~original

abro.jpg~original

along%203.jpg~original

Thanks for looking

OP
OP
Tony@D-D

Tony@D-D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Too many SPS to list really, we have Red dragon, hoeksemai,Hyacinthus,shortcake's to name but a few
Not that many LPS species. I have a large Catalaphyllia which was a frag from a 10 year old piece so thats probably 15 years captive now. Trachy, Aussi Scollie's , red Goniopora , favias and a nice heliofungia Actiniformis

Fish wise

11 Tuka Anthias, around 16 months captive
1 x Gem Tang
1 x Powder blue
12 x blue eye cardinals
1 x yellow tail tamarin wrasse
1 x Banana wrasse
1 x Blotched Anthias

1 x Blue linkia of 5 years
various cleaner and blood shrimp
4 x royal urchins
various trochus snails

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an amazing reef! Please keep us updated!

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beautiful tank. I'm in the process of building a new tank as I'm moving from freshwater to saltwater and these are the tanks that makes me love the hobby and get into saltwater tanks. Keep up the great work and please keep sharing. I'm actually looking at getting the Abyzz a400 as my pump, as my sump will be in my basement and my tank will be upstairs its about a good 35 feet from the sump. How do you like the Abyzz compared to like a iwaki or reeflo? Also any Advice our pointers you could share would be amazing. As all i want to do is learn from people that are successful in this hobby. Thanks in advance and again keep up the great work.

Tuan Black

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, hope to get there one day like that. do you pic of your sump.

Craig al

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats amazing really nice. could you possibly post your light settings?. ive been struggling with my Hydra's for a while now.

OP
OP
Tony@D-D

Tony@D-D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone

Ill try and get a picture of my sump up soon, it may be an older image as i have to remove the doors to get a good shot as they are sliding.

With regards to the Abyzz pump- We dont really see iwaki or reeflo in the United Kingdom. I can tell you this much however, the pump is silent and has been reliable since installed some 3 years ago. You can view the head height/output specs over on our website http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/abyzz-a400-pump

With regards to settings much depends on tank size and how many Hydra HD you have over the tank, coral stocks and stand off height of the light over the aquarium.

Ive just done some big water changes so the tank nutrients have dropped so i have reduced my lighting at the moment , the preset can be found below. Ive also attached a higher light preset that i have run.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lss3w1mbhngma7s/tony 26 jan 2017.aip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kymchp4w7d3kwdn/TQ1 D.Saxby cleaner resp spikes nov 2016v2.aip?dl=0

regards Tony

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tony,

Great to see you here !!!!

Are you still dosing a bit of VSV?

Also looking forward to sump pictures ;-)

Would you share how much flow you approx run through the sump per hour with the Abyzz???

Awesome tank and corals like usual!

-Andre

OP
OP
Tony@D-D

Tony@D-D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the fish about 3-4 times a day, the reef roids and polyp booster feed the corals. The majority of nutrients that the corals require is produced via their zooxanthellae of course.

I stopped dosing VSV as my nutrient levels dropped far too low, i prefer the corals to carry a richer colour than pale low nutrients

A few pics of the sump and tank when i first set up

The Salt has been very good to me to be fair, the fact that i dont have to keep bolstering it with Magnesium as i have had to with other reef salts ive used in the past is a real plus , the salt is only part of the equation

Last edited:

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the fish about 3-4 times a day, the reef roids and polyp booster feed the corals. The majority of nutrients that the corals require is produced via their zooxanthellae of course.

I stopped dosing VSV as my nutrient levels dropped far too low, i prefer the corals to carry a richer colour than pale low nutrients

A few pics of the sump and tank when i first set up

The Salt has been very good to me to be fair, the fact that i dont have to keep bolstering it with Magnesium as i have had to with other reef salts ive used in the past is a real plus , the salt is only part of the equation

Looks great ;-)

What flow rate approx you run through the sump per hour with the variable return pump?

Andre

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, thank you for sharing it:)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back