OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used flashlight to add some extra white light for this shot..

7B65DDDD-83F5-4426-98E4-B58101A48029.png

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niiiiice progression! Holy moly..

Thanks.. its funny, I had no idea until I pulled old pictures.. lol. I guess when you see the stuff everyday you don't even notice.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.. its funny, I had no idea until I pulled old pictures.. lol. I guess when you see the stuff everyday you don't even notice.
Absolutely. Thats why a lot of pics i take i dont share. More for my own memory of the accomplishment feelin that these species are thriving due to our dedication. Awesome feeling!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never clean the glass, I never test, I never do water changes, I never use additives and virtually never change filter material or pre filter (maybe every 4 months) totally different animal compared to my 40 and shows you there are many ways to run a reef.. the tank is coming up on six years :)

the nanobox LED's really mess with camera, virtually impossible to get clear pictures.

82DF14CD-F24C-4F0D-B926-03DB0C07506E.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that blue sponge photosynthetic? mine started growing like crazy @ 200 Par.. casualty of hair algae and vibrant dosing :( I knew going in I might lose it but failed to move it to another tank, going to get another at some point.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that blue sponge photosynthetic? mine started growing like crazy @ 200 Par.. casualty of hair algae and vibrant dosing :( I knew going in I might lose it but failed to move it to another tank, going to get another at some point.

No, it gets fed live phyto mostly, currently not doing so well, I managed to micro bubble the tank a couple of weeks ago and more than half of it drifted off, they need like 1 micron sized food.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it gets fed live phyto mostly, currently not doing so well, I managed to micro bubble the tank a couple of weeks ago and more than half of it drifted off, they need like 1 micron sized food.

Yeah I noticed it looked a little sad thats why I asked about light, mine was photosynthetic and a plating variation but new growth was more pillar than plating. I moved it right under LED after it was being finicky in other spots and it really took off.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back