My Dream Fish!

barftholomew777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to come across a fish I have been on the hunt for about 8 months now!

IMG_9414.jpeg

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I get it. About 40 years ago I was looking for a record. Apple label. The album that Bad Finger did with the tune Baby Blue on it. Rare thing that was. So I went to Rubato Records and put in a request. A year later I got the call. In poor condition for $25. I made $4 25 so that was about 10 hours work. For a record! I was a happy 20 year old.

troypt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome fish. One of my favorites too. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now.

For what it’s worth-I tried for a long time to get one to live. I must of had 6-7 of them that would slowly get skinnier and skinnier and then die. I tried feeding everything I could think of, and they all ate great but lost weight anyway. I tried various medications thinking there was some kind of parasite but that didn’t work. I finally saw one at a LFS that was fat and I asked what they were feeding. They fed seaweed extreme pellets. I got another tang and started feeding that and have had no problems. I don’t think it is necessarily that brand of food, but maybe they need lots of veggies in their diet. I was feeding nori everyday with the previous ones, but my guess is the other tangs were eating it and the maculiceps wasn’t getting enough.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back