My First Tank (13.5 gallon)

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting update!

I am so so excited - my first two fish arrived about an hour ago. A pair of clowns, one snow storm and one davinci/gladiator! I was so surprised by how tiny they are. They’ve been acclimated and seem to be doing okay so far, I can’t stop watching them! Any advice regarding care/testing/literally anything I can do to look after these little guys would be super helpful :)

I’ve provisionally named them Orville (gladiator) and Cowboy (snow storm), although the snow storm is a little bigger than the gladiator so may well end up being a female named Cowboy!! I have some not great pics of them here:
They look great! Glad they made it safely!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With care, since you just added some fish and your tank is new, I would just monitor ammonia your first week and make sure your system is handling it! I fed once a day for a 3 weeks or so to not bomb my tank parameters, it worked out just fine! Then you can switch to twice a day if you'd like. I use frozen brine shrimp and feed 1/4 the frozen cube at a time. You can also use pellets. Otherwise that's it! You can also feed "vitamins" to keep them healthy, I like to use beta glucan and selcon occasionally! :)

thebootreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting update!

I am so so excited - my first two fish arrived about an hour ago. A pair of clowns, one snow storm and one davinci/gladiator! I was so surprised by how tiny they are. They’ve been acclimated and seem to be doing okay so far, I can’t stop watching them! Any advice regarding care/testing/literally anything I can do to look after these little guys would be super helpful :)

I’ve provisionally named them Orville (gladiator) and Cowboy (snow storm), although the snow storm is a little bigger than the gladiator so may well end up being a female named Cowboy!! I have some not great pics of them here:
congrats on the first tenants! they look great

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back