My Maroon Clown is the only fish I regret getting...

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate my female maroon, she chases every fish from the front of the aquarium, digs holes in the sand, moves rocks and frags around the aquarium :(.

I just came home and was inspecting my tank and noticed my alien eye chalice was missing. Well I found it in my large bubble coral and now it is all white and flaky. This fish has killed more than a half dozen corals in my tank....

tater11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we feel your pain.we had a huge one everytime we got in the tank it would attack lol.we named her "the bi@#h. oh ya we got rid of it to a good home

carlosR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow sorry to hear this, my wife fell in love with a maroon clownfish at the lfs. She wants me to get one, I told her it would probably not get along with my percula. Now this..... I think the case is closed. Sorry about the tragedies, take her back.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The meanest fish I ever owned he found a new home tho. I got to one of my buddys and ever time I put my hand in her tank her maroon attacks me. Its not my fish and I still hate it. Sorry debbie

Jabis96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at least yours doesnt attack you every time you put your hand in the tank. That little bugger hurts

tater11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek:oh:if we had a dollar for everytime that monster bit us we could get a new skimmer..

tydtran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that Maroons stop bothering corals when they have an anemone they feel comfortable in. Do you have one in your system? If not, could you get one?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I got rid of a biting pair as well!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yea and believe this or not mine would go under the frag rack and pop the frags out. As soon as I replace them, they would go knock them right out again.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate my female maroon, she chases every fish from the front of the aquarium, digs holes in the sand, moves rocks and frags around the aquarium :(.

I just came home and was inspecting my tank and noticed my alien eye chalice was missing. Well I found it in my large bubble coral and now it is all white and flaky. This fish has killed more than a half dozen corals in my tank....

the answer is simple.

blow darts!

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Satan's spawn if you ask me... though I don't have the heart to get rid of mine, he is nice and cozy in my toadstool leather.

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot stand my maroon as well. Every time I adjust corals and frags in the tank it gladly rearranges them for me after attacking my hand. Truly a pain in the butt. Adds alot of color to the tank so finding it hard to get rid of.

tekken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had to get rid of mine... kept biting me as well everytime I stuck my hand in the tank. mean suckers.

starfish

Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those maroons without an anemone, try a long tenacled.They are hardy stay on the bottom of the tank and maroons love them. If the clown doesn't feed them just give them some food about 2-3x a week and they will be happy.The good thing is they do not climb. Make sure you match the anemone with the size of the clown as maroons can be pretty rough on anemones too LOL. Many times this will settle them down somewhat. At least it will stop the digging in the substrate.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a onyx clown pair that bights my fingers when i put my fingers in the tank. Its only a baby and i hand feed it with a seringe when i feed my dendro's and chalices. Do you think when it grows these bites will turn into alot worse?

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt say worse, just expect it to continue to come to your hand. Being acclimated to you feeding it by hand is what itll expect everytime you place your hand in the tank. I noticed with my maroon though, as he got bigger he got farther away as I fed and waited till I left the tank to feed. weird.

Dubin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that Maroons stop bothering corals when they have an anemone they feel comfortable in. Do you have one in your system? If not, could you get one?

I wish that was the case. Mine is in a huge anemone and she'll swim to the other side of my tank just to flip some coral over.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back