Welcome to reef2reef!!!!!
tmp.gif

PharmrJohn

Maker of Enchiladas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great to see someone else getting back into the routine after an extended time off. I'm currently collecting new equipment and, when my flooring gets changed out from wood to tile, I'll pull the trigger on a new 120G set up. I'm about 12 years out from my last reef tank. It did WELL for years. Until it didn't. It crashed HARD. Couldn't save it. Tried VERY hard, but everything just died. I never knew what happened. But now I'm older (60 YO) and a little more knowledgeable on the subject. I bore my wife with videos on about everything I can think of in order to gain more experience by proxy. Anyway, GREAT to have you. You'll like this place.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started setting up a new 66 gallon reef tank and am sort of new at this or maybe not , Let me explain I am restarting with a new tank I did a tank about 35 years a go I think and It was a 55 gallon with a Snowflake Eel and other critters and the eel last 21 years before passing on to the greater beyond! After that experience of finding out that the eel will eat everything you put in the tank I gave up after he died and quit for 15 or 20 years until now ! Well now I am 68 years old and hopefully wiser and have the fever again so here we go again , and I am in the process of setting up a donor tank that my sister gave me that was freshwater but am converting over to saltwater hopefully fish and reef coral tank! The bottom under the arag alive sand bed is a flourescent light screen grid wrapped with fiberglass door screen to provide dead air space under the sand for micro critters and such then I have 5 pieces of dead base rock and three resin base rocks plus a fake coral decoration in the tank so far ! I have a new 400 gallon per hour Aqueon canister filter with a spray bay setup to privide filtration and have two wave maker filter heads on the way , I am using a 300 watt heater , and I have 2 each Vipar Spectra 165 watt LED Lights I will be hanging over the tank ASAP , in the next Day or Two ! at that point as soon as I get the water right I will be looking to add live stock to the tank !
Welcome to R2R!! We are happy to have you here. This forum is a great one! very friendly and knowledgeable. Once you get everything up and running show us some pics, please.

OP
OP
K

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! We are happy to have you here. This forum is a great one! very friendly and knowledgeable. Once you get everything up and running show us some pics, please.
Thanks Good Luck on the starting over and I will be so glad when I can repair the bottom glass in my 110 gallon and start on it ! My house is a concrete pad and I will build my own stand for the 110 tank that will house a 30 gallon sump that I have from my last tank ! will probably be 6 months or so before the budget lets me start on it though ! I just got some new livestock in and hope to post some pics of the tank this weekend , but will have 3 grand daughters for 2 days so pics may be delayed !

OP
OP
K

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's great to see someone else getting back into the routine after an extended time off. I'm currently collecting new equipment and, when my flooring gets changed out from wood to tile, I'll pull the trigger on a new 120G set up. I'm about 12 years out from my last reef tank. It did WELL for years. Until it didn't. It crashed HARD. Couldn't save it. Tried VERY hard, but everything just died. I never knew what happened. But now I'm older (60 YO) and a little more knowledgeable on the subject. I bore my wife with videos on about everything I can think of in order to gain more experience by proxy. Anyway, GREAT to have you. You'll like this place.
Thanks Good Luck on the starting over and I will be so glad when I can repair the bottom glass in my 110 gallon and start on it ! My house is a concrete pad and I will build my own stand for the 110 tank that will house a 30 gallon sump that I have from my last tank ! will probably be 6 months or so before the budget lets me start on it though ! I just got some new livestock in and hope to post some pics of the tank this weekend , but will have 3 grand daughters for 2 days so pics may be delayed !

OP
OP
K

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry may have sent this to wrong person, still learning to do this forum stuff ! Thanks for the welcome and have a nice day !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back