My Red Sea skimmer is too loud and big.

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was discussing this on a different thread. But now I really want to find an alternative to the skimmer I have. I have the RSK 300 which is very large and very loud even when i turn the pump down to 1%. It came with system that I bought and has some advantages for example it is controlled by an app. If you look at the specs for this skimmer this , it's really made the tank much larger than my 42 gallon/52 system. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a smaller skimmer that won't be so loud and take do much real estate inside the sump? Thanks so much otherwise right now what I'm doing is turning it off during the day because it's just too loud. Look at the size of that thing! it's turned off bc i want some quiet. I was looking at the octopus 150 model, but that looked also very large and doesn't even come with a pump?

image.jpg

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this skimmer does seem overkill with the size of your tank. And its crazy to see that this is the smallest skimmer red sea makes.

There are plenty of skimmer out there that would be smaller and better sized for your tank, but you will lose a lot of function you have with your current red sea skimmer. If this is something you dont mind.

Back