My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, just to stir the pot... ;)
20210203_175914.jpg

Aaannnndddd one to calm everybody down

20210203_142454.jpg

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I mentioned earlier my wife and I recieved a package from a bunch of hooligans it seems. Inside it contained all of these wonderful goodies for our son.
20210204_113834.jpg

My wife, Greyson and I just wanted to say thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH to everyone involved in giving us these wonderful gifts. Such an amazing thing to see and I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I have met here on R2R.

@Dolelo96 @fishguy242 @Fin @sfin52 @Erin O @Crabby48

Love you guys/gals!!!

Oh and @Scratch08, atleast I think so, he SAYS he was a part of it but I find that hard to believe ;) :p

If I'm missing anyone else feel free to pipe up so I can thank you as well!! Amazon shorted out the Gift message so there were only a few names on it ;Shifty

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I mentioned earlier my wife and I recieved a package from a bunch of hooligans it seems. Inside it contained all of these wonderful goodies for our son.
20210204_113834.jpg

My wife, Greyson and I just wanted to say thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH to everyone involved in giving us these wonderful gifts. Such an amazing thing to see and I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I have met here on R2R.

@Dolelo96 @fishguy242 @Fin @sfin52 @Erin O @Crabby48

Love you guys/gals!!!

Oh and @Scratch08, atleast I think so, he SAYS he was a part of it but I find that hard to believe ;) :p

If I'm missing anyone else feel free to pipe up so I can thank you as well!! Amazon shorted out the Gift message so there were only a few names on it ;Shifty
Well...I like that you saved the best for last ;Smuggrin

But honestly...kudos to @Dolelo96 for finding and ordering everything.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I like that you saved the best for last ;Smuggrin

But honestly...kudos to @Dolelo96 for finding and ordering everything.
..and to @Scratch08 for putting up with so many pm’s “can you ask..? Find out if..? Do you know..?”.. almost like having another wife ;Hilarious

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait I was promised that barney was getting sent

Oh they know better than that!

The tanks making some great progress, how’s that fancy sump doing?

Thanks Jeff! It's still been a pretty slow go of it but making some big strides here and there. The fancy sump is still my favorite. I just took it down to run some dosing lines and such but it's back up and running.

Have had an issue with the rear LED strip that I spent some time trying to diagnose while it was out of service. Turns out the LEDs that are supposed to be water proof, apparently aren't on the ends. Which has led to some corrosion that shorted the lights out.

Seeing as they are glued in I was unable to clean the ends of the corrosion and we have come up with a replacement option that Kyle is now working on. Basically LED'S in a sealed acrylic tube in each section. Eventually when I get those I will install them to bring it back to it's former glory but for now I'll settle for the outside lights.

Been a while since I stopped in on your build thread, I hope things are well with you and your build!!!

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they know better? Maybe waiting for you to let your hairs down
It's not that we "know better"...or not...its that we don't care what the repercussions are...the look of absolute horror on his face when it arrives will be priceless...and worth every penny ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they know better than that!

Thanks Jeff! It's still been a pretty slow go of it but making some big strides here and there. The fancy sump is still my favorite. I just took it down to run some dosing lines and such but it's back up and running.

Have had an issue with the rear LED strip that I spent some time trying to diagnose while it was out of service. Turns out the LEDs that are supposed to be water proof, apparently aren't on the ends. Which has led to some corrosion that shorted the lights out.

Seeing as they are glued in I was unable to clean the ends of the corrosion and we have come up with a replacement option that Kyle is now working on. Basically LED'S in a sealed acrylic tube in each section. Eventually when I get those I will install them to bring it back to it's former glory but for now I'll settle for the outside lights.

Been a while since I stopped in on your build thread, I hope things are well with you and your build!!!

Meh that’s unfortunate but at least Kyle’s working on a remedy.

My builds going well, had a set back with velvet a few months ago, now I’m only going to allow QT fish, corals, and inverts to enter my tank, no exceptions. It’s a slow process but it’ll be much better in the long run. Mike aka Dr. Reef has been/will be practically stocking all my fish and inverts and I’ll QT my own corals.

It’s neat that our builds have similar start dates... I’m hoping to get the reef started by late summer/fall ish

Congrats on the baby by the way! I have two little ones... and a lot more gray hairs

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that we "know better"...or not...its that we don't care what the repercussions are...the look of absolute horror on his face when it arrives will be priceless...and worth every penny ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
Absolutely!

Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this thread...amazing tank/system! Also, congrats on the baby. We had the third one and then realized they outnumbered us. :)

I have been out of the hobby for quite a while...work, moving, etc. and getting back up to speed. When I left, closed loop was the way and I had some Lifereef stuff. LOL

I have a simple question on the plumbing. Where did you get the materials for your build (valves, fittings, pipe)?

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this thread...amazing tank/system! Also, congrats on the baby. We had the third one and then realized they outnumbered us. :)

I have been out of the hobby for quite a while...work, moving, etc. and getting back up to speed. When I left, closed loop was the way and I had some Lifereef stuff. LOL

I have a simple question on the plumbing. Where did you get the materials for your build (valves, fittings, pipe)?
For pvc fittings and pipe check Pvcfittingsonline.com
Flexpvc.com (I think) and formufit. Formufit and Pvcfittingsonline.com has better prices on the pipe, but you will have to pay a $20 truck fee to ship.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 105 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back