My Tank is heating up too much

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve recently put together my tank, and added fish. I’ve noticed that my temperature is rising too much in my tank, my room temperature is around 78-76°f. I’ve even unplugged my heater, and the temperature has still gone up? What can I do?
PS..I’m using an Inkbird to monitor my temperature

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unless you are using a chiller, your tank is going to match or be above your room temp. you can get fans to cool the surface.
You don't say how hot it's getting.

But, Unplug the controller. Put a fan on it and or float sealed bags of ice. If you aren't getting too hot, no need for ice.

Then troubleshoot the heater/inkbird.
Also, why does my tank heat up even if my heater is off? Currently my room is about 74. The other tank in my room hasn’t had a problem like this before

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, why does my tank heat up even if my heater is off? Currently my room is about 74. The other tank in my room hasn’t had a problem like this before
Every piece of equipment that plugs into the wall creates some amount of heat.

Fans blowing at the surface in my sump helped a bit, but the best thing I did was to get rid of my lid and use a screen top. Temps dropped about 2° with no other changes.

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every piece of equipment that plugs into the wall creates some amount of heat.

Fans blowing at the surface in my sump helped a bit, but the best thing I did was to get rid of my lid and use a screen top. Temps dropped about 2° with no other changes.
Thanks, I’ll look for one

saltytanked

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve recently put together my tank, and added fish. I’ve noticed that my temperature is rising too much in my tank, my room temperature is around 78-76°f. I’ve even unplugged my heater, and the temperature has still gone up? What can I do?
PS..I’m using an Inkbird to monitor my temperature
Your rooms ambient temperature is too high. Bring it down to 73-74 and you will be fine.

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temp is the tank
What is the temp? What lights?
Currently, the tank was at 79.2, and was rising about 0.2 every hour, and I couldn’t find a way to stop it. And I’m not running any lights for the tank, as I have no coral, so there’s technically no need. But I will be getting a light soon

Back