OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the pretty red badge. Did you know I had a build thread on my previous tank?
Glad to help. And no, I had no idea!

From the previous tank as in before the leak, or a complete previous tank?

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before my move, so the old 180 in the old house. The build was in 2009:

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Hi there, I live in Huntsville & wanted to join the NARC, went to the website (not mobile) I don’t see an option to join groups. It’s probably me, also I just got this user name very recently. Is there a probation period? Assistance greatly appreciated.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NARC. There is no fee or probation period. All you have to do is to participate in discussions here. We have a meeting periodically. You can just show up.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NARC. There is no fee or probation period. All you have to do is to participate in discussions here. We have a meeting periodically. You can just show up.
Thanks @Tomoko Schum, I look forward to being a part of NARC, would be cool to go to one of your meetings.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 Hi there, I live in Huntsville & wanted to join the NARC, went to the website (not mobile) I don’t see an option to join groups. It’s probably me, also I just got this user name very recently. Is there a probation period? Assistance greatly appreciated.
Hey! Glad you want to join in with us! R2R had a recent software change and joining groups isn't ironed out yet. I'm at MACNA this weekend but I'll see if I can get you badged. Hard for me to follow up on stuff like this while out of town.

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Glad you want to join in with us! R2R had a recent software change and joining groups isn't ironed out yet. I'm at MACNA this weekend but I'll see if I can get you badged. Hard for me to follow up on stuff like this while out of town.
No worries, enjoy your time at MACNA.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated earlier,

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh sorry!

107 E. Main St.
Hartselle, Al. 35640

It's right before the tracks on Main St.

Google maps give great directions and a photo of the store front.

Turn at the street right before by the gas station and park behind the store if there are no street spaces. You can also park at the gas station as it is closed.

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone near East Huntsville that have good test kits that can check my new tank and give me some tips?

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is your tank? What parameters do you need to test? Is there anything in particular that you need us to help you with?

Tank is cycled (dry reef saver rock). My Nitrate is at 10 ppm Qt tank is set up. I dosed Ammonia to 1ppm and it's gone in 24 hours) I set up my skimmer yesterday (breaking in). I have not turned any lights on other than for pictures. My test kits seem iffy. Should I do a water change yet? Set up a fuge? Or just jump in after QT. I have no algae or diatoms yet. I will do a test tonight and post.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait to add snails until diatoms come in. I usually add snails first before fish or corals. Algae should follow diatom fairly quickly. It would be great if you can get hold of some trochus snails. Don't give algae an upper hand. Nipping them at the bud is the best thing you can do in my humble opinion. Prevention is the best cure for algae.

Setting up a fuge with Chaeto would be great.
What test kit do you have beside ammonia and nitrate? What brand are they?

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe many of you an apology for being delayed on this. I should have made this more public a few days ago.
As many people local to the area know we have been attempting to informally restart the North Alabama Reef Club. Our desire is to try and have get together's every month to share experiences and hopefully spread knowledge not to mention having a good time.

To help with this, R2R has been kind enough to create the North Alabama Reef Club banner and give us a private section on the website that we can do some moderating on. My desire is to make as limited use of this private section as possible and keep things open to the general public. It may have some advantages we can take advantage of in the future.

If you live in the greater North Alabama area and are interested in joining the process is fairly simple. It must be done from the website, not the mobile app. Select your profile in the top right of the page and select "Join User Groups". Go down the list until you find the North Alabama Reef Club and join it. This will send a request to me. It may take me a little while to respond but I do try and watch for it.
upload_2018-8-15_9-30-31.png

So, no formal club, no dues, no initiations with paddles. Most importantly, no pressure or obligations.
For the life of me I cant find that screen. Lol. I tried on PC, Mac and phone.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back