nass snail help

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its all ppm, the alk rn, I don't really care about, since im still cycling
I think you may have just answered some of your question about why your snail died.

If you're still cycling, livestock will not typically do well due to the elevated levels.

Regardless of cycling. Your alk shouldn't be swinging like that. It is anything but stable. If true. I don't think it's true though unless you're doing a lot of water changes between tests.

What are you using to measure? You should make sure you're following instructions and take time to practice the test. Alk doesn't matter until you have corals, but use the time now to practice test methid.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may have just answered some of your question about why your snail died.

If you're still cycling, livestock will not typically do well due to the elevated levels.

Regardless of cycling. Your alk shouldn't be swinging like that. It is anything but stable. If true. I don't think it's true though unless you're doing a lot of water changes between tests.

What are you using to measure? You should make sure you're following instructions and take time to practice the test. Alk doesn't matter until you have corals, but use the time now to practice test methid.
idk what the units are, but I know it is stable, I don't have the kit in front of me, but im using tetra test strips(DONT WORRY, IM UPGRADING)and they compare really well to salifert(tried it)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back