Need a (Snowflake) Eel Expert! ONLY the best of the best should click =P

Eel Steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just trying to figure out what variety of echidna nebulosa has white nostrils instead of yellow.

As far as I can tell, there are 3 regions they hail from,

Hawaii
Fiji/Vanatau (I lump them b/c theyre pretty much the same area)
Indonesia

I feel like it's not the Hawaiian.

I'm about to start a predator tank - 72 bowgallon, Snowflake, bluehead wrasse, bristletooth tang, spotted sharpnose puffer. Mister Eely (Can you feel the eel?) is gonna be my favorite though.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am far from an expert and not the best of the best when it comes to snowflakes eels. But I clicked anyway out of curiosity, don't hate me. Check out dive videos and pictures. That will be the best and most accurate way of finding out.

I never knew there was a white nostril version but I will start looking out for them.

OP
OP
Eel Steve

Eel Steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am far from an expert and not the best of the best when it comes to snowflakes eels. But I clicked anyway out of curiosity, don't hate me. Check out dive videos and pictures. That will be the best and most accurate way of finding out.

I never knew there was a white nostril version but I will start looking out for them.

From my extensive research (and by the way I was kidding lol, I just wanted anyone who knew anything!) they only have white nostrils if they ARE sick, WERE at one point sick, or were exposed for long duration to poor water quality.

So the pretty snowflake I saw with white nostrils may have been ill. Good to know.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back