Need help deciding b/w IM Marine tank or an AIO Red Sea max nano

Ryushei

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I have a budget of 900, starting off, I am deciding between the red sea max nano 20g with stand since it includes everything and I've tried finding reviews and most of them are positive, however, the reviews are limited due to the tank being only out for a some time. So its between a Red Sea Aio or a IM fusion 20 with kessil a160we and a cheap stand to fit the tank

Price: Red sea max nano 20g $800 but includes the stand and pumps/skimmer/etc and really appealing to the eyes and living room.

IM fusion 20g tank only $180 + kessil a160we $227 + GooseClip $35 + $50 dollar Stand. Does not include skimmer etc . Total $500 ish (give or take tax etc)

I have a Heater, and gift cards to use for other necessities. So any suggestions would help and I am new to the reef tank but not new to the fish hobby.

What would be better? I like the quality of the Red Sea and I am looking to put lps and a lot of fish in the tank. Please Help. Thanks.

Also any good stand you recommend for the IM Marine 20 would be helpful bc if I can find a decent or nice looking one for cheap, then I would probably go with the IM Marine instead.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM has some really nice tanks, and the shallowness of the majority of them is definitely a nice feature. it was a hard choice but I ended up going with red Sea, they are just so sleek and yet still functional. Also they already have the stand to match the tank as you stated which can be a huge bonus. But if you like a bit of a challenge you can always get the IM and build yourself a stand, which makes the options limitless. There are TONS of stand threads on here with fantastic ideas which could set you on the right path.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back