Need help ID this skin disease with my clown

Bo2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a baby clown almost 2 weeks ago, the first week was all fine no marks on the skin but during the following weeks I found a white and transparent mark on one side of the body. No other fish attacking, and eat well. Also no sign of clamping fins. Just wanting to know what is this thing how to heal it?was it infections? parasites?

IMG_6975.jpeg IMG_6977.jpeg IMG_6978.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a baby clown almost 2 weeks ago, the first week was all fine no marks on the skin but during the following weeks I found a white and transparent mark on one side of the body. No other fish attacking, and eat well. Also no sign of clamping fins. Just wanting to know what is this thing how to heal it?was it infections? parasites?

IMG_6975.jpeg IMG_6977.jpeg IMG_6978.jpeg

I’ve seen this many times here, but never on a clown I’ve had in my possession (so I’ve had no ability to study it).

It only shows on the white portions of clowns (or is only visible there). It looks like a bruise, but there is no history of an injury. It isn’t Uronema, as it doesn’t break the skin.

In some cases it just goes away. Some people report that their clown died, but it isn’t clear if the fish died from this or some other issue.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back