Need help, reefer 750xxl

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m looking at upgrading to a reefer 750xxl, right now I have a reefer 350 I have a few questions and looking for tips or ideas.

When I get the 750 I am looking to relocate the sump to the basement instead of in the stand this would be right under the tank that way I can have a small fish room, this would be my first time doing this and was wondering if anyone had tips or ideas they learned from doing this, also seeing as the run is going to be longer the going to the stand what’s the best way of not over filling the sump Incase power goes out?

What would be the best way of relocating the rock as the 350 is in the spot that the 750 will be going? For the fish I have a small tank will be putting them in. What should I do with the sand start new or try to reuse some of the old stuff or will I need to cycle the system again?

Thanks for any tips u guys can give.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m looking at upgrading to a reefer 750xxl, right now I have a reefer 350 I have a few questions and looking for tips or ideas.

When I get the 750 I am looking to relocate the sump to the basement instead of in the stand this would be right under the tank that way I can have a small fish room, this would be my first time doing this and was wondering if anyone had tips or ideas they learned from doing this, also seeing as the run is going to be longer the going to the stand what’s the best way of not over filling the sump Incase power goes out?

What would be the best way of relocating the rock as the 350 is in the spot that the 750 will be going? For the fish I have a small tank will be putting them in. What should I do with the sand start new or try to reuse some of the old stuff or will I need to cycle the system again?

Thanks for any tips u guys can give.

Can’t help with the sump, though it maybe a bit tricky to plumb the 750 that way. I initially thought of connecting my frag tank and gave up.
If I were doing that I’d probably get a bigger sump so overflowing wouldn’t be an issue. With the 750 you can adjust the water level in the sump so I’m sure by testing you can make it work not to overflow.

Re. Rocks, get a brute trash can or something large enough and just submerge the rocks in 350 water. Can throw in a powerhead. I wouldn’t reuse the sand, maybe a couple cups. You can also rinse it, dry and then put back in but always a chance of some unnecessary detritus. If the rocks remain in water or at least not outside water for too long you won’t have to cycle the tank.

Good luck! It’s a great tank!

iron_mike_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re. Rocks, get a brute trash can or something large enough and just submerge the rocks in 350 water.

I just moved my 225g tank 2 weeks ago and 100% agree with this. I only had 1/2 submerged and just occasionally splashed more water in. No issues after 2 weeks testing daily with maybe 6 hours in the can.

You’ll need a big sump to handle the pumps off situation, and a bit of trial and error to get the water level set. The only thing I have seen that I would rely on was a sump the sat in a pan that had a drain in it to handle overflow.

OP
OP
T

Thoax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the reply’s I did forget to mention I was planing on dumping the 750 sump for another one just trying to figured out from who lol

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 43 39.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back