Need help setting up your ProfiLux 4? *** PC edition ***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-11-13_13-56-26.png

If you're a new GHL ProfiLux 4 owner or need a guide to show you how functions are setup, we have just the thing for you!

In our ProfiLux 4 Resource Guide, we show you how to setup your ProfiLux from the moment you take it out of the box. We've also included an easy to follow TO-DO list which shows new owners the steps to take as they get their controller up and running for the first time.

In this resource guide, you will find instructions for:
  • First time P4 setup
  • Wi-Fi setup
  • myGHL setup
  • Basic temperature control
  • Auto Top Off control
  • Auto Water Change control
  • Leakage detection
  • 1-10v pump setup
  • Dosing pump schedule setup
  • And so much more
Resource guide also includes:
  • Direct links to our HOW-TO videos
  • Direct links to our GHL Downloads page
  • Shortcuts for accessing functions right from the P4 touch keys
  • Programmable logic examples!

Additionally, this guide will explain the ins and out of GHL Control Center and how to navigate it.

Last but not least, we show you how to connect to the ProfiLux 4 through our GHL Connect app without even using the PC software!

Right out of the box, you will be able to get connect to the P4 when you use the GHL CONNECT app for android and iOS devices.

To download this guide, simply follow this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0vsofjshs7ljx2/ProfiLux 4 Resource Guide.pdf?dl=0

I HAVE owned my Ultimate p4 KIT NOW FOR OVER A YEAR and I am finally getting around to setting it up on my new SCA 150 build. I also bought one of your defective #GHL #MaxiSA dosing pumps which PER GHL said they will be shipping me OUT A brand new one after the New Years!
I have always owned an Apex and it was not that difficult to set up and all of the functions. I understand it takes a while to figure this new platform out but holly molly is this very tough to set up at least for me and it should be. I had to go out and by a brand new laptop since GHL is not compatible with MAC! Well, you can run windows on a MAC but i prefer not to, so that's what I bought a mini HO LAPTOP! just for this SCA build. If I can't get this brand NEW NEVER USED P4 Ultimate Kit up and running before my Synergy CL -44 sump comes in It will be up for sale on as brand new never used on eBay! I'm glad I got the MaxiSA for my Automatic water changes that I will be able to still do if I sell this controller. I have bought so many GHL accessories it's crazy, I mean i bought sensors and 4 Float switches, and tons of other extras!
I have watched just about every single GHL video and I still am having problems hooking up my P4 :(

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good guys and I want to personally thank @Marcus FROM @GHL. huGE HELP... THANK YOU FOR THAT. Anyways, I put my GHL Ultimate Kit w/ tons of Extra on eBay last night at about midnight and when I woke up 20 minutes ago someone bought the P4 kit from me.
Ones I get my new MaxSA dosing pump I may need some help setting up some of the alarms, etc etc. Also, i would like to wish Vinny and Marcus nothing but the best in 2019 from GHL....

I SEND PERSONAL KIND REGARDS FROM FL,

FLSharkvictim

Last edited:

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have advise setting up a stand alone doser and KH Director to my Profilux 4?

It will not allow me to assign it as a device nor will it let me do a firmware update.

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE owned my Ultimate p4 KIT NOW FOR OVER A YEAR and I am finally getting around to setting it up on my new SCA 150 build. I also bought one of your defective #GHL #MaxiSA dosing pumps which PER GHL said they will be shipping me OUT A brand new one after the New Years!
I have always owned an Apex and it was not that difficult to set up and all of the functions. I understand it takes a while to figure this new platform out but holly molly is this very tough to set up at least for me and it should be. I had to go out and by a brand new laptop since GHL is not compatible with MAC! Well, you can run windows on a MAC but i prefer not to, so that's what I bought a mini HO LAPTOP! just for this SCA build. If I can't get this brand NEW NEVER USED P4 Ultimate Kit up and running before my Synergy CL -44 sump comes in It will be up for sale on as brand new never used on eBay! I'm glad I got the MaxiSA for my Automatic water changes that I will be able to still do if I sell this controller. I have bought so many GHL accessories it's crazy, I mean i bought sensors and 4 Float switches, and tons of other extras!
I have watched just about every single GHL video and I still am having problems hooking up my P4 :(
I’m in the same boat

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GThompson - what issues are you having?
I was having problems adding my P4 to myghl. Vinny got it taken care of. It wouldn’t accept my ID # that the server sent me. That’s why I consider #vinny@ghlusa a genius. He did say you were their R2R guru though. Must be nice to be well known and famous ;)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having touble setting up my p4. I was setting up the wifi and got locked out ;Meh Did the factory reset now the display is in german and of no use;Meh;Meh

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I’ve bought second power bar.
Do some reason my channel one is on second socket.
I can’t plug anything in the permanent socket as it works non stop. For example, can’t use it to schedule my lights. Dimmable socket only can switch on one of them and sockets numbers 2,3,4 are switching on “in pairs” with sockets 8,9 and 10
What am I doing wrong?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you added the second power bar did you also assign it in the pab settings of the connect app and also set the port numbers for the power bar?

You would click on the blue icon after you Assigned the power bar and set the sockets?

D2571572-FBB0-4EB1-A61E-7B80B46DE1FE.png

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your second Powerbar you would want to start numbering at 6 so it will be switchport 6. 7.8.9 and 10. If that is the second power bar above it is mimicking the switchport 1-5.

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool
Almost works
All the plugs are working separately now. Thank you very much.
But there is still problem with dimmable switch.
Number 5 works, but number 10 won’t switch on?
Where is the issue on this one?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you go to switch port 10 and say always on it does not turn on?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 5th outlet on the PB5.1 is run on a separate fuse.
If it does not turn ON, even when the function is set to Always ON, the fuse may be blown and may need replacing. This can happen if the connected device exceeds the 2A limit of this outlet.

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Vinny
Is it possible to test the socket?
And if necessary how do I replace the fuse?
I here it is located?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back