Need help with anemone

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it for a day im worried it’s not doing good an acting weird please let me know how it looks to you

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
R

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought it from petco and my saltinity is .26 nitrate is between 5 and 10 and I put mag and cal in it every week as directions say, I just don’t know the alk of the tank I need to get a test but my ph is about 8.2

OP
OP
R

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I put it in the tank and they told me it was hungry because they just got it in and was still in the bag and I tried to feed it but seems like it won’t eat the food which I tried brine mysis and bloodworms and it laid on its side completely for most the day and I just rearranged it to where the picture is and idk just trying to get the most info and trying to get the best results for it

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought it from petco and my saltinity is .26 nitrate is between 5 and 10 and I put mag and cal in it every week as directions say, I just don’t know the alk of the tank I need to get a test but my ph is about 8.2
Why are you dosing magnesium and calcium?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I put it in the tank and they told me it was hungry because they just got it in and was still in the bag and I tried to feed it but seems like it won’t eat the food which I tried brine mysis and bloodworms and it laid on its side completely for most the day and I just rearranged it to where the picture is and idk just trying to get the most info and trying to get the best results for it
Nems do not need to be fed. This is especially true when they are already stressed.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To place an anemone from a shipping bag where it’s been for who knows how long . Into a new tank is silly ….

I would personally want to see it attached to something , not stressed and happy prior to nuking my system

OP
OP
R

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For food …. Anemones benefit more from good lighting .
trying to digest food requires a lot of energy
Okay well I know I purchased a light that is the specs it needs so I hope when I set that up tomorrow when it arrives that will make a lot of difference I just don’t want it to kill it

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay well I know I purchased a light that is the specs it needs so I hope when I set that up tomorrow when it arrives that will make a lot of difference I just don’t want it to kill it
Dead anemones are not good ….
they will take everything else in the tank with them .

OP
OP
R

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To place an anemone from a shipping bag where it’s been for who knows how long . Into a new tank is silly ….

I would personally want to see it attached to something , not stressed and happy prior to nuking my system
Well I hope everything is okay but I appreciate the fast reply’s I’m still pretty new to this saltwater but everything else in my tank has been thriving well I’ve just never had a lta before so I’m just stressed a little

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope everything is okay but I appreciate the fast reply’s I’m still pretty new to this saltwater but everything else in my tank has been thriving well I’ve just never had a lta before so I’m just stressed a little
If your tank is new enough that you don't already have a light, then it is likely not stable enough to keep an anemone.

OP
OP
R

ragnarodin9412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question can you tell me what my lta is doing, I moved it to the back of my tank and now I came back to check it and it looks like it’s extending extremely far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 17

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back