Need help with Flame Hawkfish

Tunk11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I need some advice for my Flame Hawk that has been in my quarantine for 3 weeks. He started developing these red spots and has lost its color. Does any one know what it could be or how to treat it? He is still eating and is pretty active. Water parameters have been checked and everything looks good. I was about to start treating him with Kanaplex and Metroplex as part of the quarantine, but noticed these spots and wanted to wait in case I need something else.
20200402_210144.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red-ish areas like those could be the beginnings of bacterial infection. The kanaplex + metro is good and if possible add Furan2 to the mix. We call it "The Trifecta" and it works really well in QTs as it covers a very wide spectrum of bacterial infections. An alternative is NFG powder. It works a bit faster but is harder to source.
Boost the fish's food with vitamins: selcon, zoecon, and or Beta Glucan, which can tremendously boost a fish's immune system.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 115 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back