Need liquid encouragement…

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve definitely decided that I do not need chromis now or ever again! Lesson learned! I am strongly, considering pulling the rest of my stock and quarantining them a while while I bleach my main system. My biggest question now though is after everything is clean and ready for fish again, can I put those fish back in the main system or will they reinfect it?
Unfortunately fish can be carriers so you would still have to treat your other fish. @vetteguy53081 can better recommend how to quarantine them properly now that they’ve been exposed.

OP
OP
B

blawndie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately fish can be carriers so you would still have to treat your other fish. @vetteguy53081 can better recommend how to quarantine them properly now that they’ve been exposed.
Ughhh-that’s what I was fearful of :/ let’s say I treat the ones I’m going to keep like my clowns, the bad guy, the watchman, etc. There still really isn’t a way that I can guarantee that they are parasite, free, right? I mean it’s all kind of a gamble at this point it seems since they’ve been swimming around in it and their tank mates are dying from it. I wonder if I should just offload everything cheap to someone saying that they definitely need to be quarantined because they were exposed (gosh I’m having Covid anxiety RN) and completely start from zero-including fish

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ughhh-that’s what I was fearful of :/ let’s say I treat the ones I’m going to keep like my clowns, the bad guy, the watchman, etc. There still really isn’t a way that I can guarantee that they are parasite, free, right? I mean it’s all kind of a gamble at this point it seems since they’ve been swimming around in it and their tank mates are dying from it. I wonder if I should just offload everything cheap to someone saying that they definitely need to be quarantined because they were exposed (gosh I’m having Covid anxiety RN) and completely start from zero-including fish
I think you can quarantine and your fish will be fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
placing fish in a sterile tank with clean water will be a great choice however I recommend a ruby rally bath for 60 minutes or 21 day quarantine to assure you dont re-live this escapade

OP
OP
B

blawndie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
placing fish in a sterile tank with clean water will be a great choice however I recommend a ruby rally bath for 60 minutes or 21 day quarantine to assure you dont re-live this escapade
Still in the thick of it as I’m still cleaning out the DT but, my treatment arrived. I see you say RR bath for 60 minutes or 21 day quarantine… Just want to double check if I do the bath for 60 minutes, can I put them back in the DT? I bleached everything so obviously it’s not cycled… But neither is my quarantine Tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back