need lots of Apex help

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my apex on Thursday. I have read the Unofficial user manual multiple times and am still having issues. I keep having issues with the port forwarding. I setup an account with DynDNS and installed the software to my computer. I am having issues setting up the remote access software as well as port forwarding.

I think I may have downloaded the wrong software. I think I needed to download DynDNS Updater, but installed a different program that DynDNS had said I needed.

I feel that my port forwarding issue is due to having the wrong software downloaded.

I do have the apex set up to send emails to me and my cell phone.

Thank you in advance for any help.

is this the correct updater:
DynDNS.com - Support -- Update Clients -- Windows Update Client

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that seems about right man.... That guide is so big and breaks it down in lane man terms but I think the majority including myself do the same thing.... Lol I had a guy show me how to use it in 5 minutes and it was easy as cheese...;)

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bravo to the one who never gives up.

I had the same issues with mine when I first installed it, probably the worst part.

Yup, my friend and I were trying to set up a VPN because that was what the DNS host said needed to be done. That is where we got stuck. Then, it turns out I can do the updater stuff from my router so no need for a program anyway. DOH!!

Now it is on to programming. First thing I want to do is set up the email to email me when:

temp <75 and >83.5
pH <7.8 and >8.7
with a 5 minute delay due to power outages and resets.

This is my code:
Set OFF
If Temp < 75.0 Then ON
If Temp > 83.0 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then OFF
If Temp < 78.0 Then ON
If Temp > 87.0 Then OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then OFF

I am not doing anything crazy with the apex. The basic programming stuff should work for now. I bought the apex mainly so I can see what my tank is doing when I am away.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that seems about right man.... That guide is so big and breaks it down in lane man terms but I think the majority including myself do the same thing.... Lol I had a guy show me how to use it in 5 minutes and it was easy as cheese...;)

This is one of those things where it seems complicated until you actually get it working. Once you know how to do it it is very simple. I like the guide, but there are some topics that the author assumes everyone knows. I.E. you can do this with a simple program. What is the name of this simple program? It can be a stupidly simple program, but if you don't dl the right one you are going nowhere.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were do I get my hands on the Unofficial user manual? I am having so many issues with mine. Its a bit intimidating.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back