need some help with ph

stedfast82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok this is what is going on. i have a 110 gal reef i do 2 part alk and cal add mag when needed . My ph is up and down . i have a light on my sump that is going on at night when the DT go's out what do I do to keep my ph right???

Mariner

NARC Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH is going to go up and down some. It's natural. How much does your pH swing in a 24 hour period? Also, what are your alk numbers (high and low for a day)? Generally, stable alk will stabilize pH swings pretty well.
Mariner

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH is going to go up and down some. It's natural. How much does your pH swing in a 24 hour period? Also, what are your alk numbers (high and low for a day)? Generally, stable alk will stabilize pH swings pretty well.
Mariner

+1 on what Mariner said, my PH goes from 8.14 during the light cycle to 7.89 at night I also have my sump lit at night. if it is a small swing like mine dont worry but if your going over .6 day to night you have more issues here.

I also noted you posted in the Premium section the same question and that your ALK is running at 11 that might be a little high. What are all of your parameters, what do you dose how much and how often and what (livestock/Coral) is in your tank. How deep is your sandbed, how many pounds of rock, was it cycled before or after you setup the tank.

We need more data to be able to help.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back