Need wrasse id

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a fm golden rhombalis but I suspect this is a male lineatus? IMG_3541.jpeg

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that is what I thought :( I got a lineatus male as part of the same order so I’m worried about the pair. Waited 2 months for the wrong fish *sigh*

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a fm golden rhombalis but I suspect this is a male lineatus? IMG_3541.jpeg
No question about it, male Cirrhilabrus lineatus. Your two males will not get along with each other and likely have a fight until one dies.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No question about it, male Cirrhilabrus lineatus. Your two males will not get along with each other and likely have a fight until one dies.
Thanks, I knew that which is the basis of my concern. I contacted the vendor and they said (after receiving requested pics) that they were paired and they didn’t want to split them and they still owe me the golden romboidalis…. I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t call them out on it? The smaller one may not be male yet but definitely appears on the way.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
… I contacted the vendor and they said (after receiving requested pics) that they were paired and they didn’t want to split them and they still owe me the golden romboidalis….
What a crock! Can’t admit their mistake, which definitely cost them!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I knew that which is the basis of my concern. I contacted the vendor and they said (after receiving requested pics) that they were paired and they didn’t want to split them and they still owe me the golden romboidalis…. I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t call them out on it? The smaller one may not be male yet but definitely appears on the way.
There is no way that was confused for a female… this is a female.
IMG_9131.jpeg

even transitioning males have coloured fins and the wrong lining pattern.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the male lineatus just might be my favorite so this is a long run “W” for me :) good thing I have 2 tanks. (Note to self: need 1 lid…)

Thanks all for confirming & providing me the confidence to push back

———————-
Communication:

Ok thanks for clarifying. I can appreciate the motive but I believe they are both male (one transitioning) so it likely wouldn’t have ended well. Looking forward to the fm golden rhomboid

That was a pair of lineatus fairy wrasse so we did not want to split it and still owe you a female golden rhomboidalis wrasse.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
care to ship one of them to me??
For the right price anything can be done ;) I do have a general question as to whether there is a size tank where 2 males could coexist… I have a 400g I need to get wet and I’d default to “no” but wondering if that could be large enough.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand in the wild they do coexist with one supermale and submales (transitional males) among the harem of females. I am not sure that I would take the risk with these wrasses considering their cost. Might have had more luck with a true female that begins to transition. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendor made good on the mistake and I now have a fm golden rhomboidalis (I’ll post a pic soon to confirm fm but initial signs seem positive)

Now my first world problem is deciding which male to attempt to pair her with first (obviously if things don’t go right, I’ve got a second chance). The “more male” feels like the right answer but want to confirm I’m not overlooking an angle with pairing her w/ the younger lineatus. Any input is appreciated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back