NeoMarine Salt from Brightwell Aquatics

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought id try brightwell's salt since i spend mass doe on corals why not give them the best! So with a lil research i found this salt and it seems promising! I have 15 gallons mixing till 2morrow! I wanted to know who use's this salt and how is your overall experience with this product!

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lfs I frequent sells it for 64.95 a bucket . I got a 50g bag to try . It mixes clear after a while . Not as fast as Oceanic . No residue .I had to test twice .(kh kit off ) . It tested out as 425 +- ppm cal /8dkh . Seachem cal test and api kh . It does mix at a higher specific gravity as stated. 1.026 with refractometer. (did not calibrate) .
There is a lot of hype and heat over the numbers on the bag .I am not going there .
I have no complaints at all with it .IMHO I'd buy over IO any day of the week . I will be buying a bucket soon and my choice will be the BW or Seachem Reef if it's on sale and they have the new formula on the market .
Seachem has been dragging their feet for months . Anywho this is about BW salt and I give it a thumbs @ 45 up.
HTH

OP
OP
Reef 5etup

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LilBuddha how long have you used it for? Also do you use there other products, meaning is there other doses you have to dose to maintain where you want your reef stablized?

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the Brightwell's salt for a a few weeks atm . I have BW Amino's , BW Lugols , Vitamarin C .,Reef Snow. Restore . I gave away the MB7, Biofuel, Replenish , Stones ,Potassion. (long story ) .
I add once a week AA's , Lugols , Vit C ,Reef Snow .
I only use Restore when adding new frags or corals from a revive/lugols bath .
BTW These products are not for keeping my reef stabilized ( imho they are enhancements ). EG : I use the vitamin c to benefit my zoos . I do not have melt down's .Locally a few reefers have been losing blue zoo's . I still have mine .
I have had the supps on hand and have using them off and on April /May .

My alk , calcium + trace are taken care of by Tropic Marin Bio Calcium .( I like the stuff ,it's old school and works for me .

I would say the Tropic Marin Bio Calcium + water changes with detritus removal ,keep my reef stabilized . Let's not forget keeping the skimmer clean too . LOL

HTH

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back