Nero 3 for 75g

rooneyj889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, i am looking at upgrading my pumps on my 75 gallon tank and was looking at the Nero 3. Good price point and 2000 gph max. 2 of those along with a 600 gph hydor in the back of my tank out of site should be fine for a 4 foot long tank right? What is everyone's experience with the Nero 5?

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my nero 5's. I have 2 on pulse set at about 80% max on one and 45% on the other (45% is on the back) in my 3 ft 65. My only complaint is sometimes having to choose my tank a few times on the app for the bluetooth to conect. . I am not sure if that is the pumps or my phone TBH. For phones I am an if it aint broke kind of person and still have a galaxy S6. I have also lost 2 small fish to the pumps so some 3d printed guards may be in order if you don't want darwin to pick the fish you keep.

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my nero 5's. I have 2 on pulse set at about 80% max on one and 45% on the other (45% is on the back) in my 3 ft 65. My only complaint is sometimes having to choose my tank a few times on the app for the bluetooth to conect. . I am not sure if that is the pumps or my phone TBH. For phones I am an if it aint broke kind of person and still have a galaxy S6. I have also lost 2 small fish to the pumps so some 3d printed guards may be in order if you don't want darwin to pick the fish you keep.
All new Nero pumps come with fish guards by default and you can get some for your current pump by contacting AI support. They started doing that a few months ago.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back