Nero 5 Pump Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got one. Definitely an easy set up and nice slim profile.

Thank you for your post and for sharing your experience using the Nero 5 with us! We are thinking of getting more for the office now, actually.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
i'd say silent.. I have one in my small 29 gallon biocube, and I can't hear it! In comparison I had a Jaebo pp-4 in the tank for about the last year, and you could constantly hear that ramp up and down all day long. With this, you don't hear a thing!

NASOTANG87

View Badges
Reaction score
i'd say silent.. I have one in my small 29 gallon biocube, and I can't hear it! In comparison I had a Jaebo pp-4 in the tank for about the last year, and you could constantly hear that ramp up and down all day long. With this, you don't hear a thing!
Agreed. I’ve had the same experience so far. It’s nearly dead quiet. I have one in my reefer 350.

mdbronco

View Badges
Reaction score
Very promising then! I really like the look of them and they make my Tunze's look like something from a Steam Punk novel. But the Tunze's are super quiet as well so will need to think about it.

NASOTANG87

View Badges
Reaction score
Very promising then! I really like the look of them and they make my Tunze's look like something from a Steam Punk novel. But the Tunze's are super quiet as well so will need to think about it.
It’s easily strong enough to push water 48” across the tank. I just got to get it dialed in so it’s not blowing sand around too.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Noise level?

It's quiet in the office this morning, so I went into our studio to listen to the pumps for a while. My impression is that they are pretty darn quiet. All I hear are the return pump and skimmer. We have the pumps mounted on the back of the tank which I believe is 1/2" thick glass. We talked to a hobbyist the other day who had a noise issue which was solved by repositioning the pump. I've heard of one other instance of noise which I referred to AI for support yesterday.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

ReefOn55thDubai

View Badges
Reaction score
I love the pumps, however I have had the issue when you run intense Pulse (or unfortunate powerful changes in the Random program) - that the unit itself pulled off the inside magnet, and I had a pump blowing pulses at 10.000 L/hr all over the place.
They should definitely have used slightly stronger magnets.

ReefOn55thDubai

View Badges
Reaction score
I have the Waterbox 170 gallon.
It’s 15mm glass if my memory serves me right.
Reefbuilders also has a video on YouTube where you see it start rocking as soon it pulses.

mssexyshrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
I was going to initially get the MP40, but liked the overall look of the Nero. Very happy with it! It's very quiet too!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back