Never Know What You'll Find

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't let them spray within 5 feet of my tank. They saturate the ground outside for ants.

I'm in the desert on an anthill, too. (Scorpions, also).

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't let them spray within 5 feet of my tank. They saturate the ground outside for ants.

I'm in the desert on an anthill, too. (Scorpions, also).

My buddy brought a UV light to his backyard in Arizona the other day. It lit up his wall with scorpions... NASTY!!

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lived in Hawaii my wife and I were watching TV in our bed one night and saw something move across the wall... it was a spider the size of my hand. I had to kill it, but was unsure if it would lift my hand full of toilet paper off of it and punch me in the face...
It was probably a sugar cane spider. I was raised in Hawaii and we used to see them all the time

Skebor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy brought a UV light to his backyard in Arizona the other day. It lit up his wall with scorpions... NASTY!!
I live in az and have been wanting to try this. Maybe I will soon [emoji26]

Snuffy The Seal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a little more looking, I agree it was a spider that found its way to my sump. I'm in Florida so we have bugs of all sorts. We actually have an exterminator come every other month and I haven't seen a spider in our house in years.

Thank goodness the misses has already retired for the evening. We won't be sharing this with her...please!
I'll gladly take it from you as a pet!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked this thread better when I viewed it on my iPad and not my 27" widescreen.

I would like this thread better if you found the thing in your sump!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahahahahahaha!!!!!

I wouldn't rest very easy if I knew there were things like that around. Honestly. That would have totally freaked me out. I loved gardening, but I haven't felt the same about outside ever since we started having Brown Widows everywhere. It's just too much. If I saw a big spider like yours in my sump, I would have probably hurt myself trying to escape.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said earlier, it's the first spider I've seen in our house in years, so I guess they came out swinging.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow! You've got spiders and ants. Maybe you should let the spiders eat the ants. A symbiotic relationship of a different sort!!!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow! You've got spiders and ants. Maybe you should let the spiders eat the ants. A symbiotic relationship of a different sort!!!

I leave the other hunting spiders alone, but these are unnerving. Their webs can stop a small child. Yuck.
You need lizards.
And a larger child

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back