NeveSSL's 180g Mixed Reef

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is coming along nicely. At least you have some critters in it to watch now.

I have had coral beauties most of the time since I got into reefing and only had one nip at some xenia once. I moved the xenia and it stopped. I almost bought another today since I lost my last one a few months ago but I spotted a nice flame angel and figured I'd try it instead. I tried a flame once before and he was a terrible nipper. Hope I get luckier this time.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Mike! Its definitely nice having something to look at. :) Good luck with your flame angel! So far, my coral beauty has been a model citizen.

Brandon

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen the flame take one taste of an acro and then he moved along. PE is still good on everything also so maybe I got lucky.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWEET! Thanks to Rick's (Mixer911) suggestion, I now have an automatically starting siphon on my overflow! Takes about 2-3 minutes after the pump starts and it will purge the air on its own now. Perfect!!! Really glad I did this today. Had to cut the bulkhead down on the full siphon and cut the first one down too much, so quick trip to the Aquatic Critter (glad they're only 10 minutes away!) and cut the second one correctly. :) Next, I lowered the partial and it worked great! Thanks, again, Rick!

Brandon

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SWEET! Thanks to Rick's (Mixer911) suggestion, I now have an automatically starting siphon on my overflow! Takes about 2-3 minutes after the pump starts and it will purge the air on its own now. Perfect!!! Really glad I did this today. Had to cut the bulkhead down on the full siphon and cut the first one down too much, so quick trip to the Aquatic Critter (glad they're only 10 minutes away!) and cut the second one correctly. :) Next, I lowered the partial and it worked great! Thanks, again, Rick!

Brandon

I'll have to come by and check this out..

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely! Just let me know when. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, too! It was driving me nuts having to manually adjust it every time.

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That have our overflows figured out?

Brandon

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build keep up the good work.
Are u a audio engineer or producer?
Just curious be cause of your name is neveSSL.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I'm glad you picked up on that. Most people are like "What is NeveSSL?" :) If anything, I'm just a wannabe, and I'm very happy with that as almost all of my friends and acquaintances who went into the music business are now getting out as quickly as they can. It is not a fun place to be for full time work, so I have a studio at home that my wife and I play in as a serious hobby, and that works well for us. :) I couldn't afford reefing making $20k a year in music! Haha!

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a small update, yesterday I was able to setup an old phone as an IP camera and integrate it into my Apex's Dashboard... kinda fun! And free. Free is good. :D

Plus, the phone actually does a really, really good job. Its very clear and adjusts to different light levels well, such as when only the blues are on. Really happy with it! Just have to find a place to permanently mount it as right now its being held onto the wall with clamps... ala ToXIc style... haha!

apexdash_zps13861fa3.jpg

Brandon

Last edited:

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rotfl!!!!!!!

get the goose neck clamp from ebay... the one i have listed in Lindsey's thread..

Last edited:

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Trying to think a one of those Visa "priceless" quotes right now for Kevan. Reef Savvy Tank $xx.xxx, hybrid light fixture $xx.xxx goose neck camera mount PRICELESS

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahaha! That's awesome. Mark would approve. :D

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rotfl!!!!!!!

get the goose neck clamp from ebay... the one i have listed in Lindsey's thread..

Mine will be mounted up high and out of sight... I'm thinking about grabbing a surround sound speaker mount from Monoprice to use. :)

Brandon

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 190 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back