0   0   0
So we are in week 9 and things are going well. Parameters are :

pH 8.2-8.3 (morning to evening)
Sal 1.025
Nitrates 25-30
PO .1
Alk 7.3
Ca 420-460

Have started adding corals, Zenia, GSP, Zoanthids, Para-Zoanthids, Montipora, Pocillopora,Stylocoeniella, Porites and Stylophora. All are doing well with the exception of the Porites which is struggling. The Stylocoeniella shocked a little but has started recovering and is showing full polyp extension.

Harvesting more macro from the refugium each week and slowly increasing the Kalk drip. No sign of the octopus in over 2 weeks, though I still nab 1-2 gorilla crabs each week and we have at least one mantis. But NO algae growth in the display (oversized CUC) and the golden algae and diatoms are minimal and have decreased substantially in the last 2 weeks.

Xoanthids, Zenia, GSP and Parazoanthus are budding and spreading off the plugs.

20231103_094642_edited-2.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we are in week 9 and things are going well. Parameters are :

pH 8.2-8.3 (morning to evening)
Sal 1.025
Nitrates 25-30
PO .1
Alk 7.3
Ca 420-460

Have started adding corals, Zenia, GSP, Zoanthids, Para-Zoanthids, Montipora, Pocillopora,Stylocoeniella, Porites and Stylophora. All are doing well with the exception of the Porites which is struggling. The Stylocoeniella shocked a little but has started recovering and is showing full polyp extension.

Harvesting more macro from the refugium each week and slowly increasing the Kalk drip. No sign of the octopus in over 2 weeks, though I still nab 1-2 gorilla crabs each week and we have at least one mantis. But NO algae growth in the display (oversized CUC) and the golden algae and diatoms are minimal and have decreased substantially in the last 2 weeks.

Xoanthids, Zenia, GSP and Parazoanthus are budding and spreading off the plugs.

20231103_094642_edited-2.jpg
Tank looks great!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 77 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back