OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promised to post a few images of the new swimmers.....

Tank 2 - 08-28-2017.jpg

Tang & Damsel 08-282017.jpg

Tang & Damsel 2 - 08-282017.jpg

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is still a little slime floating around the water column but I have been changing a 100 microm sock every 4 to 5 hours as they plug up. Sooner or later all of this gunk will be removed from the tank.

Ya! Proof Brute Force and Ignorance rules the day.

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Glad the UV did the trick for you too!
Thank you, I plan on leaving it on for a couple of weeks then, I will change the plumbing to a more permanent location ot of sight.

I will not be running the UV continuously because it will pretty much stop the growth of Coraline but I an considering a weekly schedule of 24 hours on and 7 to 10 days off.

Anyone with thoughts regarding this idea?

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the new swimmers and Inverts are doing well, prams are excellent now it is time for some Corals.

I am bidding on the latest AquaSD Auction and I will win a few hundred dollars worth of Acans, Zoas, a Hammer and a Torch.

If you are going to bid be sure to bring lots of C A S H!

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the new swimmers and Inverts are doing well, prams are excellent now it is time for some Corals.

I am bidding on the latest AquaSD Auction and I will win a few hundred dollars worth of Acans, Zoas, a Hammer and a Torch.

If you are going to bid be sure to bring lots of C A S H!

Update 9:50 pm CDT Saturday..... Scored 12 beautiful Corals in the Aqua-SD Auction at some excellent prices, 2/3 or more LESS than any of the local LFS's:):):):)

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD shipped my corals, UPS Red, 9 lbs mostly water. :D

Should be here at or before 10:30 am CDT tomorrow :cool:

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrrrrrr....... ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

Just received an update from UPS. My Coral shippment has been delayed in Kentucky to tomorrow?

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals from the Aqua SD acution finally arrived 10:45 am CDT, everything seens to be alive and well. High complements to Aqua SD on their packaging... First class.

Water sg 1.026 temp 76.6F. Very close to may tank at 1.025 77.5F

I wipost more images once they are in the Tank.

First Corals 1 - 09-07-2015.jpg

First Corals 2 - 09-07-2015.jpg

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals from the Aqua SD acution finally arrived 10:45 am CDT, everything seens to be alive and well. High complements to Aqua SD on their packaging... First class.

Water sg 1.026 temp 76.6F. Very close to may tank at 1.025 77.5F

I wipost more images once they are in the Tank.

First Corals 1 - 09-07-2015.jpg

First Corals 2 - 09-07-2015.jpg
That is fantastic everything came in good I can't keep acans for the lyfe of me get some pics when they open go slow with the lights

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good.:)
Thank you, I have the lights (AI Prime HD) turned down to between 30% and a max of 60% on the Blue's. So hopefully everything will acclimate well in within the next few days.

Now to keep my BUY finger off the next Aqua SD sale going on tonight (Saturday ;)). As I am mostly retired having too much time on my hands is dangerous.

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday 9-11-2017 9:00am CDT.

Purchased a small (1") Leopard Wrasse, a Rainford's Goby (also very small) along with 6 small Red Legged Crabs yesterday. The Wraasse immediately dove into the sand for the night and the Goby went into hiding until this morning when both are out foraging for food. The Yellow Tail Damsel which is less than a inch is trying to chase the little Goby away from his territory with little success and the Wrasse simply ignores the Damsel.

All in all 2 nice additions. I will try to post a couple of Images later today.

Now to get the Corals to open more, maybe it will just take a bit more time. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Good, Bad and Dead.

Not all of the new Corals made it, the Hammer took a week to die, as did 2 of the small Zoa colonies and 1 is questionable and not make it.

On a positive note all of the Acan's are doing well as is the Candy Cane.

I have added 2 new fish, a beautiful Leopard Wrasse who for some reason has decided to go into hiding for the past week and a Hector's Goby who only comes out for a few hours a day then is back into hiding..... Bummer. The Pink Pincushion is doing well but the Tuxedo Urchin has lost most of its needles so I am not sure if it will recover or not.

The Skimmer is giving me some problems, I took it out and cleaned it and now it is like I have to break it in all over again....Grrrrr. I maybe looking for another Skimmer in the coming weeks, I am NOT happy with the IceCap K-50 Skimmer, NOT happy at all.

I have been using the Two Fishes Phos Reactor with ROX .08 Carbon and that is not working out so well, it cloggs up within a week so I need another option.

Any suggestions?

I am begining to win the fight with the white slime, which is in large part due to the 3X CoralLife UV system which has performed well.

I did added a small 3 fan rim mounted cooling system which has also performed well.

landlocked303

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would slow down a bit and let the tank mature and go through some 'ugly' phases. The urchins will not survive without sufficient algae (coraline, film, GHA). Leopard wrasses need a lot of microfauna to graze on. After my tank cycles, I usually put in a pair of clowns and try to add diverse microfauna and let the tank settle an mature for months before I add corals or other fish. I add snails and crabs as I go, but starfish and urchins need lots biodiversity of microfauna to live.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back