New from Fauna Marin: Bacto Reef Balls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of your existing line of bacteria products do these bacto balls replace?

Neither. :)

Bacto Reef Balls provide reefers with an easy solution to adding bacteria into their tanks. BRB is added every 2-3 weeks and is steadily released in fixed amounts, whereas other bacteria products can be dosed on a daily basis.

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bacto Reef Balls provide reefers with an easy solution to adding bacteria into their tanks. BRB is added every 2-3 weeks and is steadily released in fixed amounts, whereas other bacteria products can be dosed on a daily basis.

How do they work with tanks with refugiums?

illumnae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So for a complete system we would have to dose Bacto balls in addition to bacto Therapie and Bacto blend? or is bacto balls alone enough? that's what I meant.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a large refugium with lots of different macro in there, will adding these have a negative impact on the health of my macro?

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the mechanism for phosphate reduction with bacto reef balls?

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the mechanism for phosphate reduction with bacto reef balls?

I've seen a definitive reduction in NO3 - even with increased feedings- but not much in the way of Phosphate (compared to a GFO anyway). That being said it's only been a few months. Overall the tank is cleaner, clearer, almost zero nuisance algae and all the coral seem to be growing quickly. I would recommend.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a definitive reduction in NO3 - even with increased feedings- but not much in the way of Phosphate (compared to a GFO anyway). That being said it's only been a few months. Overall the tank is cleaner, clearer, almost zero nuisance algae and all the coral seem to be growing quickly. I would recommend.

Thanks for feedback! your coral growing quickly; can you tell me what level is your NO3 at now after using bacto reef balls?

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for feedback! your coral growing quickly; can you tell me what level is your NO3 at now after using bacto reef balls?

0. I'm feeding brine dosed in selcon 2x daily and reef roids + polyp extended every other day. NO3 is still at 0 now trying to manage my Phosphates. Haven't
seen any issues with browning from 0 NO3 so far.

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fauna Marin

I started to use these in my established biocube. I plan on using them in my soon to be wet 220. Would using these from the start assist with establishing bacteria in a brand new system or should I be looking towards another product to start?

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fauna Marin

Could you please define "bacterial plaque" as used in your copy? When I Google it I get references to the plaque that builds up on our teeth...

OP
OP
Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fauna Marin

I started to use these in my established biocube. I plan on using them in my soon to be wet 220. Would using these from the start assist with establishing bacteria in a brand new system or should I be looking towards another product to start?

Hi Nick,

For kick starting a tank, it would be better to use Bacto Blend. Blend will contain more diverse bacteria which will assist with tank cycling. Once the tank is cycled, you can discontinue Blend and begin BRB.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is currently a discussion regarding ceramic media bricks, plates etc. would this product be able to SEED these products or populate the pores and surfaces of existing media or is it a strickly on demand release process.
thx

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back