New Gyre Models

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to the all in one (pump and lights) controller that will interface with the apex.

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How so? I know it can't do what I'm doing with my apex.
I guess I mean I don't need to program anything. And I'm not sure you can antisync the pumps. The alternate gyre was also a pain. Also the pre programmed LTC is pretty cool,just set the speed and your good. Less than 30 seconds on any change I want to make. I don't enjoy the getting on my computer or phone to make changes to a pump.

I knew I should have put in my opinion, lol. I just looked, I did put it!

What are you doing with the apex that the new controller can't do?I am genuinely curious.

Last edited:

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I mean I don't need to program anything. And I'm not sure you can antisync the pumps. The alternate gyre was also a pain. Also the pre programmed LTC is pretty cool,just set the speed and your good. Less than 30 seconds on any change I want to make. I don't enjoy the getting on my computer or phone to make changes to a pump.

What are you doing with the apex that the new controller can't do?I am genuinely curious.

Relax, I just asked how you believed it to be better. If having predefined programs and ease of use is important then I agree the controllers are probably better. But I can program all of those and then some.

With out typing up a manual again here is what I do with my pair
http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?p=85252

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax, I just asked how you believed it to be better. If having predefined programs and ease of use is important then I agree the controllers are probably better. But I can program all of those and then some.

With out typing up a manual again here is what I do with my pair
http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?p=85252

I am relaxed, thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by that?o_O

You completely make my point of the controller being superior by saying you don't want to type out a whole manual of what you had to do to program them. The controller can do a lot more too, those were just the examples I could think of. If you enjoy writing out all that code then keep doing your thing, I would rather just do a couple of button presses and spend my time cleaning my tank. ;)

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That just came off as being snarky.

I am relaxed, thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by that?o_O

You completely make my point of the controller being superior by saying you don't want to type out a whole manual of what you had to do to program them. The controller can do a lot more too, those were just the examples I could think of. If you enjoy writing out all that code then keep doing your thing, I would rather just do a couple of button presses and spend my time cleaning my tank. ;)

I don't agree. Which just shows how subjective the word superior is. I'd rather have the ability to have full control over it and do exactly what I want and not something built in. But that's just me and I understand, like I posted above, someone feeling like they would just rather have something that is just easy and have built in options.

Last edited:

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just fact. But your opinion is valid even if I don't agree with it.
You are very proud of your tide/lunar cycle thing that you have programmed. Good for you that it is following real time cycles in your fake ocean box. You did good, if I could give you a treat I would.

I will stick with smarter not harder -Lunar Tidal Cycle (LTC): A 24-hr program that mimics ocean currents as they are affected by the moon to create high and low tides.

Now can we stop this bickering and just agree the new Gyre system is awesome?

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are very proud of your tide/lunar cycle thing that you have programmed. Good for you that it is following real time cycles in your fake ocean box. You did good, if I could give you a treat I would.

I will stick with smarter not harder -Lunar Tidal Cycle (LTC): A 24-hr program that mimics ocean currents as they are affected by the moon to create high and low tides.

Now can we stop this bickering and just agree the new Gyre system is awesome?

I am proud of what I was able to do. I love my gyres and have ran them since they first came out. I have always thought the gyres were awesome and even more importantly Coralvue for being their distributor here in the US and supporting them.

You make it hard to stop the bickering with your rude comments.

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an XF130 but will be upgrading tank soon to Red Sea Reefer 450. My question is...

Would it be better to get a new XF230 and run it with the XF130 and new controller or go with ONE XF250?

From what I read the XF250 won't allow the 130 to work with it's controller.

thanks

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the 130/230 magnet even work on the Reefer 450? I believe it says to 1/2" so i might have to go 250 no choice?

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already have a Gyre 130, I will definitely suggest to get a new Gyre XF 230 with advance controller, you will have tons of flow on your tank, including nigh modes and many other options.
Also you can always buy extra strong magnets for our site

http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-gyre-pump-reinforced-magnet-kit

Thanks... how would you recommend mounting 2 units (xf130/xf150)... on the back glass or both sides?

Are the 130 and 230 same flow rates?

Looks like your reinforced magnets are out of stock currently.

thx

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... how would you recommend mounting 2 units (xf130/xf150)... on the back glass or both sides?

Are the 130 and 230 same flow rates?

Looks like your reinforced magnets are out of stock currently.
thx
I will stay with 2 of the 230/130 combination, they do have the same flow, and try the magnets that come with, you can place them either on the side or the back,all depends how your bio load is set on the tank, Gyres have almost no Dead spots, so it will work either way incredible

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the max flow rates and I can easily find those anywhere, but when the pumps are turned all the way down, what are the minimum flow rates for the 230 and the 250? Like say when they're at 10% or whatever is the lowest setting.

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is just a approximately 1/ 10 of it but also have to do with your rock work, that is the beauty of the advance controller, that give you the ability to use any pattern, and you set the max or min flow, pulsations, time between pulsations, or waves, at the same time set up a night mode, not to mention that you can make the Gyres mimic each other or go completely opposite or just individually program ed base on your live stock

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok, so 10% is actually 10% with the gyre, that's great. I just know with something like an mp40 the max is 4500 and the min is 1000 so 10% isn't really 10% lol

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a recommendation of one of the Gyre pumps for my reef tank.I have a DSA 105 rimless that is 48x24x21.I have all LPS and anemones in the tank.Right now i have a Jebao WP 25 with a Mag 18 basement sump for flow.I did try 2 Jebao 25s and that was to much flow.What would you recommend for my tank.Also do you need the controller to run the pump?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 96 80.7%
  • Other.

Back