New Kessil 360xe

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anybody might have more info about the new 360xe's?
Was looking to replace some recently dead 360we's with the 360x and found these which are the same price as regular 360x

a360xe-tuna-blue-led-aquarium-light-kessil.jpg

mousehunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw them for sale today. Just replaced my 360 with a 2 360x's 4 weeks ago. Arrgghhh... More light - ok, but I have plenty going from 1 360 to 2 360x (I did it to get better light spread - 2 over 36" is much better than 1 in the center). Better dimming - maybe, think that was already in the 360x (with the exception of a light moonlight). Slightly different spectrum choices - that could be good, but is mostly aesthetics. Of all those changes, better dimming might be the most interesting - the 360x at 1% was too bright as a moonlight - good for occasional night time viewing, but I don't think it was good for being on all night. Don't know if it would do it or not.

My Kessils malfunctioned 2 nights ago. I had tried to shut them down a few minutes early so I could acclimate a couple new fish (I have them on a planted freshwater tank). They would not shut down, but actually gave me an interesting very dim red light - kind of a nice moonlight. Only problem is they would not respond to the app after that at all (so they did not come back on the next morning. I had to do a factory reset on the doogle - then they worked fine (I had already tested pulling the doogle and knew the lights were still fine). It would be interesting if I could actually get the app to duplicate that light red glow - since I know they can run at a lower dimming setting now (abet only during a malfunction apparently).

I am not even new to salt water yet. Doing the mandatory 100's of hours of research right now. But that is a long rabbit hole I did not know I was going down till 4 weeks ago when my Kessil 360's power supply died. Will see, perhaps a 360XE will be in the future for the new reef aquarium (and my 360 will remain as a spare for my planted tank).

Last edited:

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Kessil 360XE are available now at Aquarium Specialty and I'm about to add them to our website. Hoping to have specs and better details very soon but the pricing is the same as the older model and the older models are on sale while supplies last. here's the link to our Kessil page and I expect to have the 360XE lights listed in a few minute from now...maybe 10 min. - https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/shop-by-brand/kessil.html

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking forward to seeing the spec’s on the lights. Hopefully someone does an in-depth video review with par readings soon.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking forward to seeing the spec’s on the lights. Hopefully someone does an in-depth video review with par readings soon.
This will hopefully help you during the interum. We have plans to begin doing videos but for now we have this. I have written 42 articles since January and you can see them from the page below.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder what they beefed up for better reliability and how they improved cooling.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%

Back