New Kole Tang Constantly Fighting Glass & Ignoring Food

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I got a new Kole Tang yesterday, and once it had settled in, after about 2 hours it has been constantly fighting the reflection in the glass and ignoring any food! It's pretty much non stop! Just wonder if I need to be concerned? I have seen fish do this before when added to the tank, but this Tang has an unhealthy obsession!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you tried lights out for a while?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn aquarium lights out or have the room as bright as possible. Reverse the window effect. Just like when you have lights on in your house at night. Your windows are like a mirror at night. May have to just do the ,turn lights off thing, about 10 minutes before you feed for it to calm down. That’s what I had to do with the one I had. They eventually get tired of attacking the reflection or you just might have to build up a film on the glass. Either that or may need brighter room lighting for a bit. I thought mine was going to smash it’s face in it was attacking so hard. You could also try hanging a nori clip where it keeps attacking.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn aquarium lights out or have the room as bright as possible. Reverse the window effect. Just like when you have lights on in your house at night. Your windows are like a mirror at night. May have to just do the ,turn lights off thing, about 10 minutes before you feed for it to calm down. That’s what I had to do with the one I had. They eventually get tired of attacking the reflection or you just might have to build up a film on the glass. Either that or may need brighter room lighting for a bit. I thought mine was going to smash it’s face in it was attacking so hard. You could also try hanging a nori clip where it keeps attacking.
Thanks! I am assuming it will get sick of it? And I am assuming it will get hungry at some point! But who knows!

DJ26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fix ..
3C04C7A5-FCC0-4553-814C-23B766E8D722.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.0%
Back