New little edition (or course its an eel) :)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally found my dream eel!!! Ive done so much research and hunting for one. I went to surrender my french angel since he keeps attacking fish and came across the coolest find, and one Ive been wanting and looking for!! Okay Ill stop teasing yall with the suspense…

its a ghost ribbon eel!

He is a baby, thinner than a pencil at the moment and ADORABLE. Store has had him 2 months, he is eating frozen. In the acclimation bucket I have him some frozen mysis which he snarfed down. When I fed the tank he came out and snagged a full cube of a carnivore blend and ripped into that! Im very encouraged as these guys are hard to get settled and eating and he seems to have settled in a spot in the tank, is hanging his head out and ate for me already! Currently he is in my 70 so I can keep an eye on him to make sure he continues to eat. Little dude will be one of the first fish I move to the 300 when its up and running. Im so excited to have one of these and am very encouraged about how well he is doing! Here is the picture of the little one!

He is my first ribbon eel and I know they can be difficult so if youve kept one and have some tips that would be more than welcome! I want to raise this little dude to adulthood!

IMG_5537.jpeg IMG_5536.jpeg IMG_5524.jpeg IMG_5521.jpeg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are technically not ribbon eels but have similar care. @Goaway has had a few regular ribbon eels and may be able to give you some tips
Yes Ive heard they are also a little easier care wise than the other ribbons! I love the little guy, super cute!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First feeding! Ate lots of shrimp and some krill. He is way too small for silversides or other “big eel” food lol. He likes to swim in between my fingers too! He is a fun little guy.

Attachments

• IMG_5544.jpeg
    IMG_5544.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5543.jpeg
    IMG_5543.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 4
Back