0   0   0
IMG_1681.JPG

My 2 Darwins

IMG_1546.JPG

Hatchmates to my Darwins.

IMG_1643.JPG

Current set up.

Hello everyone,

I am RJ and I have made the leap and set up a 29G Biocube. It has a custom lid with the AI Prime LED mounted. I use the UV Sterilizer and the Reef Foundation Pro Test Kit. I picked up the Magnafuge light and just waiting for the plants to get here to set up a refugium.

In the tank I have:
2 Darwins Heterozygous for Albino
2 Watchmen
Cabbage Leather
Bubbletip Anemone
Finger Leather
Frogspawn
Chalice
Snails and crabs
Found and this forum identified an Asterina Starfish tonight.

In parameters and close to reaching the optimal Ca and Mg levels. The one Darwin has grown bigger and has taken the dominant role. They shake as if being electrocuted at each other a lot. The Bubbletip is eating well and stuck itself nicely inside the side of a rock center stage. Pink sponge is starting to sprout all over on one of the rocks. Cabbage leather has stuck itself and has finally stopped being flipped around the aquarium for me to find. The War Coral was in bad shape but is coming around nicely with more and more beautiful green dots showing up each morning.

So far I am thrilled with the tank and sit for hours just observing.

Thank you for your time! I'll be reading up and asking questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
RJ

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1681.JPG

My 2 Darwins

IMG_1546.JPG

Hatchmates to my Darwins.

IMG_1643.JPG

Current set up.

Hello everyone,

I am RJ and I have made the leap and set up a 29G Biocube. It has a custom lid with the AI Prime LED mounted. I use the UV Sterilizer and the Reef Foundation Pro Test Kit. I picked up the Magnafuge light and just waiting for the plants to get here to set up a refugium.

In the tank I have:
2 Darwins Heterozygous for Albino
2 Watchmen
Cabbage Leather
Bubbletip Anemone
Finger Leather
Frogspawn
Chalice
Snails and crabs
Found and this forum identified an Asterina Starfish tonight.

In parameters and close to reaching the optimal Ca and Mg levels. The one Darwin has grown bigger and has taken the dominant role. They shake as if being electrocuted at each other a lot. The Bubbletip is eating well and stuck itself nicely inside the side of a rock center stage. Pink sponge is starting to sprout all over on one of the rocks. Cabbage leather has stuck itself and has finally stopped being flipped around the aquarium for me to find. The War Coral was in bad shape but is coming around nicely with more and more beautiful green dots showing up each morning.

So far I am thrilled with the tank and sit for hours just observing.

Thank you for your time! I'll be reading up and asking questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
RJ
Welcome , nice setup!!

OP
OP
Clawsonr

Clawsonr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! I'm in North Jersey:)
Thanks for the welcome, Andy! I spend some time each month up North in East Orange, Newark, and Lyons at the VA Clinics. Have any recommendations on LFS's to see? Or are these still considered South for you? Haha

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Jason! I caught the illness from a buddy with experience. His knowledge and willingness to answer my questions has been key!
For me R2R has been my life line , the wealth of knowledge and people willing to answer all my questions is second too none !! I fell in love with this hobby after diving in Egypt , I wanted m own little peace of wonderment in my house .!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back