OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How low is the lowest setting on axis 20? When I got the hygger (395gph) a couple days ago I thought i would be able to adjust the speed down to 80gph-ish. The lowest setting it can go is around 118gph. It’s too high that the back chamber can’t keep up. I may have to look into this one. I already have the AI light so it’s nice that it uses the same app.
You can set it for a trickle. Down to 1 percent even off. Definitely adjust to any variable speed.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the simplicity and beauty of this tank! Do you need to scrape the bottom of the tank to keep it clean?
Thank you. Not at first. I think now I have done it twice. It is mostly just a light brush as I want to keep most the growth. Since I remove everything during water change it's easy to do if needed. I will probably not scrub the bottom this Thursday by the way it looks so far.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my custom cut glass lid from Amazon. Turned out great.
1000000111.jpg

1000000108.jpg

1000000110.jpg

1000000109.jpg

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a simple update, Tank is doing great. A large feather duster has appeared on frogspawn skeleton so we shall see how it grows. The shrimp seems happy as well as the flaming prawn goby. I swapped out the socks Thursday and will be cleaning old ones.

I also received the Inkbird ITC-306T wifi controller. There seems to be an issue with the app as I can control the fahrenheit exactly on the unit but not in app. When I swap to Celsius, this is resolved. While I can't turn the inkbird off, I can drop the temp and put back up so heater doesn't turn on.

Now I can adjust the lights and heater without touching. The AI Blade lights are working great. The corals are still adjusting but starting to notice more brighter colors coming through. I also lifted the frogspawn with another rock so it is higher and now should avoid touching anything. This gives the elegance more room as well.

We are currently still looking for a simple stand. Looking at single door accent tables that are 30 inches tall and since tank is just under 12 x 12 we are looking at ideas as it also has to fit our theme.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I updated but seems I did not. Monday after dropping our dog Maple off for her 8 week X-rays from knee surgery, we did some errands and stopped by the reef store.

I ended up buying a purple gorgonia. I ended up needing to cut and fought with it gluing it down to the pipe organ piece with the macro algae. This piece was larger than I thought. Also required some rearranging. Everything was a little closed up from moving around in the pics. I'll try and take better tomorrow.
1000000154.jpg

1000000162.jpg

1000000153.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back