New Reefer here!

Wheeljack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone! Name's Jackie and quite happy to finally have a reason to leave the shadows. Long term on again, off again lurker to the forums, and I am finally about to take the plunge into my first saltwater reef tank in the next few months. There's so many amazing people here that have allowed me to take a childhood dream and make it a reality by laying out so many amazing foundations to build off of!

I've been keeping freshwater tanks most of my life, both planted and not. Recently took a five year break and decided last year I would get my feet wet again with a small 20g tank in preparation of something larger... and saltier. :D

Come April I will be diving in deep with a Red Sea Reefer 525 XL. This will be the largest tank I've owned to date and man am I excited! Most of my equipment list is finalized but there's still some stuff left to decide on. Expect to see a lot of me, especially when I throw up my build thread!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Jackie to R2R and thanks for saying hello! Be sure to take lots of pictures of your setup and progression, we love pictures ;)
ezgif-2-394453e035e8.gif
#WelcometoR2R

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your progress with tons of pics! Congrats on joining the salty side! :D

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back