New Salifert calcium test kits

blazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than for NO3 & PO4 (Hanna), I've always used Salifert test kits. That was UNTIL they changed their Calcium test kit, at which point I experienced strange test results, repeatedly. It was frustrating enough that I now use Red Sea Calcium test kits.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My experience: Following the directions, the sample starts out blue. As I continue to add drops, the sample begins to turn pink and turns blue again.

OP
OP
Outlaw Corals

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let’s say the test comes back at some totally random number…

Is it the salt mix or the test kit?

This is silly.

He has 2 brand new tests saying one the same number, yet he still doesn’t trust it because “I know my tank can’t be that low”

….ok…. :rolleyes:
So my friend being as stubborn and hard headed as i am i bought a THIRD test kit and guess what, same exact bull !!! So i then went and ordered a Aquaforest test kit being it’s very similar and guess what ??? The Aquaforest worked like it’s supposed to and the first test read 460 !!! Then for good measure i did another test and same thing 460, just like i said i thought it should be at because after all i knew there was no way my tank was that low

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 56 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back