New snowflake clown with mouth open

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to wait for qt to cycle just add bottled bacteria to the filter media and have water ready in the event of an ammonia spike. Large water changes will be your friend. Just remember that you have to dose the water change water with copper to the current level of the tank.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to wait for qt to cycle just add bottled bacteria to the filter media and have water ready in the event of an ammonia spike. Large water changes will be your friend. Just remember that you have to dose the water change water with copper to the current level of the tank.

Do this. Velvet is a quick killer. Your clowns are tougher then most fish nectar of their mucus coat, the whole living inside anemones thing... you dont want to take your time regardless. Get the QT full of water, put the bottle bacteria on the sponge, let it get to temp and in they go. If you can, do a FW dip and a bath in Ruby's right before they go in QT.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor little guy is looking terrible. Swimming sideways now. I dont get off work till later I hope I can set it up in time. I put him in isolation because his fins looo like theyve been nipped by the other guy. I really feel like im about to lose him, hes lookong horrible and not swimming now that ive isolated him. He is breathing fast. Hate watching hom struggle. Feeling like a failure, poor guy.

15031761191161974357187.jpg

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of copper do I need in the QT. Will it start helping him instantly? Is there hope? He can hardly swim with his two front fins nipped. Aghhhhhh

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz Coppersafe is the easiest, unfortunatly it doesn't kill the parasites on the fish. The FW dip will knock about 80% off and the copper kills any free swimming parasites so they cant attach to the fish. They are only attached for about 3-4 days then they release a whole bunch of new baby paracites. After 4 days in copper you should be out of the "danger zone." I'd dip this guy as soon as you get home and get him into QT at 2.0 copper ASAP.
20170819_170830.jpg

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked petcos website for the mardel coppersafe and they dont have it. Only have stuff to remove metals. I pray they have something, or that walmart has it, cause thats all that will be open when I get off work. Same withthe nitrifying bacteria, i hope they have it

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I will after work, I was just there on my lunch break. Hes looking bad, breathing heavy and not swimmimg. Put the air pumo in there to try and get some oxygen in his gills, dont know if thats a useless idea or not. I can describe any questions you have until then. I hope he hangs in there long enough to set this tank up.

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. I am worried about finding coppersafe in town, if I can't find it I can overnight it from amazon..and if I cant find it, should I just use some kind of parasite remedy for tonight?

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sponge either. Will this work? I can rig the hose into it.
They also have bubble stones, dont know of those hold bacteria

15031903012472140936987.jpg

OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news guys. 175 dollars later I make it home ready to set up the QT, and I lost him.

:(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back